Meet Etsy Seller Little Kind

Posted Wednesday, May 21, 2014


Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop Little Kind

Little Kind has been selling on Etsy since April 2013, they sell handmade goods for little ones. Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

toddler floral peter pan collar top, white knit, size 12 months to 5tvegan leather zipper clutch, metal zipper, hand stamped canvas, polka dot, floral lininghandmade play teepee, canvas tentlittle heart note pillow, hand stamped, polka dot canvas, floral pocket

What motivated you to start your shop?
I started my shop after a few years of toying with the idea. I knew I wanted to do it at some point in the future, but with a newborn and one year old it felt a little overwhelming to take on anything else. I would use naptimes and time after the girls went to bed to work on things. I slowly started to make things for friends or to make gifts for baby showers and I think that gave me a little wind in my sails (plus, my girls grew up a bit and both started sleeping through the night, so that helped, too ;) I had really sweet and encouraging friends and family that made me feel brave enough when the time was right.

What is the story behind your shop name?
My mom used to call my brothers and I "little littles" when we were kids and so "little little" was the first name I set out to choose. One quick etsy search let me know that wouldn't be possible since there were already a few (who would have thought?!) I kept coming back to the phrase "for all littlekind," taken from "for all mankind" and it got shortened to littlekind from there.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I am sure this answer has been said over and over, but I really had no clue how much work it would take to really open up a shop. I think I had a general idea of the work it would take to physically make what I wanted to put in my shop. It was the amount of work that went into researching pictures, item descriptions, pricing, etc. that was new territory for me. And honestly, it was little intimidating at first, but it also surprised me how creative you can be with that side of it as well.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I have really enjoyed making the "little heart note pillows." My mom and I used to have a journal that we would leave on each other's beds at night. Most of it was me asking her what color eyeshadow I should wear or if she thought so-and-so wanted to be my friend anymore, but they are so special to me now. My girls are too young to read through a journal, but I wanted to make something that you could leave on the pillow with any little picture or note or trinket inside. It's really sweet to make them and know that someone else will be doing that for someone they love.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
It can be really challenging to find what your limits are within what you do. Do I want to allow custom orders? What's a good and fair price to charge so I am actually making a profit? Would it be wise to expand into a different type of product or do I need to narrow in on just a few things? And I'm finding that most of the time the emotional decision about what I want to do isn't always the best decision for what I should do, so learning to separate those can be challenging.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
Honestly, I just want to make things that if I was in a store I would want to pick it up and look at. Beyond that I really love for things to be intentional and cared for. Whether that is the way I respond to a message, or how I honor the processing time or the way I package an item, I feel like it's all an important part of the shopper's experience.

What do you do when you aren't working?
Most of my time not working is spent with my girls and my husband, although, the little ones are usually around when I'm working too. The rest is mostly lots of coffee and some embarrassingly bad television shows.

Little Kind is offering a 15% discount in her shop (excluding teepees). To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "ETSYKIDS15" at checkout. Valid until May 31st 2014.
bow jersey headband collection, floral print, tribal print, newborn to 12 monthshandmade doorway puppet theater, velvet curtain, kid playroompeter pan collar top, floral collar, toddler size, navy knit, size 12 months to 5thand stamped little note heart pillow

Treasury Tool Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...