Meet Etsy Seller Dolly Lana Designs

Posted Wednesday, May 07, 2014


Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop dollylanadesigns

Dollylanadesigns has been selling on Etsy since April 2013, they sell beautiful baby booties and teething rings! Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

Baby booties 12-18 months, baby shoes, baby shower gift,baby gift,baby gift, baby girl gift, baby girl booties, purple baby shoesBaby booties 6-12 months, baby shoes, baby boy shoes, baby slippers,baby shower gift,baby gift,spring baby shoes, baby boy bootiesBaby booties 18mos to 2T,baby shoes, baby shower gift,baby gift, unisex baby booties,baby shower gift, baby gift, chevron baby bootiesBaby booties 12 to 18 months, baby shoes, red riding hood baby shoes,baby shower gift,baby gift, summer baby shoes,fairy tale baby booties

What motivated you to start your shop?
I've always loved to craft, sew and create things so when I found Etsy, I knew that somehow I wanted to be involved.  I began by making headbands and hair clips which I could also use on my daughter.  From there, I began making bow ties and neckties for babies and toddlers.  I knew I had something special though when I made my baby booties.  They sold quickly and were so fun to make.  Over time, I've focused my shop on my baby booties.  I sometimes add in some other baby items for fun but my main love is for the baby booties.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I realized that to keep your shop relevant it takes more than just making and listing items.  You have to work at it by taking great photos, promoting your shop in social media, and being competitive with the market.  Great customer service is key also.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I love creating my baby booties!  With all of the beautiful fabrics on the market today, the inspiration never ends.  I'm always finding new ways to pair fabrics to create unique booties.  Plus, I get lots of requests for custom made pairs which sometimes leads me to start sewing them in new patterns for my shop.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
The most challenging thing about being an Etsy seller is keeping your shop original and unique.  There are so many sellers who make similar items that you have to find your own niche and stay true to your own ideas.

What do you do when you aren't working?
Besides being owner of my own Etsy shop, I'm also a part time operating room nurse and mother of two (with another baby on the way)!  I love spending time with my family and travelling.  We like to go to our local YMCA a lot and participate in their community events.

Organic teething ring, teething ring, wooden teething ring, organic wooden teething ring, baby shower gift, bunny ear teether, baby birdsBaby booties 12 to 18 months, baby shoes,baby shower gift,baby gift, polka dot baby, baby shoes, hearts, baby girl giftOrganic teething ring, teething ring, wooden teething ring, organic wooden teething ring, baby shower gift, bunny ear teether, baby giftBaby booties 12-18 months, organic baby, Easter baby shoes, baby slippers, newborn shoes,baby shower gift,baby gift,spring baby shoes

Treasury Tool Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...