Meet Etsy Seller BrooklynOwl

Posted Wednesday, June 05, 2013


Today we would like to introduce you to Annie
and their Etsy shop Brooklyn Owl

BrooklynOwl has been selling on Etsy since February 2011, they sell a range of hair accessories and decorations, including their most popular unicorn horn hair clips! Today they are sharing a little about their shop and selling handmade items.

handmade hair clip or pin Brooklyn Owl Purple "Brook" - BrooklynOwl Unicorn Horn Narwhal Hair Clip Felt Costume You Choose the Color in Original Size - BrooklynOwl Festive Rainbow Felt Flag Bunting Banner Garland 6 ft - Perfect Birthday and Party Decoration - BrooklynOwl Unicorn Horn headband Tween Size  you choose the color with elastic headband - BrooklynOwl

What motivated you to start your shop?
I was pregnant with my daughter in 2008 and I started to hand sew decorations for her nursery.
Then after years of dreaming of starting a business I started Brooklyn Owl in 2010 inspired by my 2 year old.

What is the story behind your shop name?
I have lived in Brooklyn since 2007 and I feel so inspired living
here. I love it so much and I knew I wanted it to be a part of my business name.  My daughter's favorite animal and one of her first words was "owl" thanks to the owls at the Prospect Park Zoo and so Brooklyn Owl just felt right.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
My current favorite items that I really enjoy making are my unicorn horns.  They were my daughter's idea and they bring me such joy seeing her wear them and getting to send them around the world for others to enjoy as well.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Etsy is open 24 hours a day so it is hard for me to step away from my
shop!  I care about my customers and I want them to have a pleasant
shopping experience and that often causes me to respond to customers and package orders hours after I am supposed to be in bed!

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I strive to create products that are both fun and functional that make people's lives a little brighter and the world a little cuter.

What do you do when you aren't working?
It can be really hard for me to put down my sewing needles but some
of my favorite moments away from work are relaxing with my husband and daughter.  I hope to spend a lot of time at Coney Island this summer!

BrooklynOwl is offering a 10% discount on all purchases. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "ETSYKIDSJUNE" at checkout, valid through the month of June 2013.
Girls Hair clip, White Felt Flower on leaf - BrooklynOwl Unicorn Horn Hair Clip with Hot Pink Felt in Original Size Costume Headband - BrooklynOwl Headband Create Custom customizable interchangeable colorful felt hair clip - BrooklynOwl Unicorn Horn Hair Clip in Purple Felt in Original Size Headband Costume - BrooklynOwl

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...