Meet Etsy Seller Your Mom Designs

Posted Wednesday, April 16, 2014


Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop Your Mom Designs

Your Mom Designs has been selling on Etsy since November 2008, they sell a collection of yarn and textile goods with families in mind. All items are designed and made by YourMomDesigns, a momma of three kids that thoroughly and aggressively(at times) put to the test and explore creative play. Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

roygbiv nesting bowls, made from eco friendly upcycled t-shirts by yourmomdesigns  waldorf, montessori puzzle
$30.00
crochet flower necklace for little girls in fuchsia, orange and purple with buttons by yourmomdesigns
$12.00
crocheted red superhero mask for infants by yourmomdesigns(rts)
$5.00
handful of love baby's first toy in roygbiv by yourmomdesigns (rts) made from eco friendly upcycled t-shirt yarn montessori inspired
$14.00

What motivated you to start your shop?
I chose to stay at home when my first child was born, but knew that I wanted to invest time and interest into a personal passion and etsy.com was the perfect avenue to pursue selling my crocheted goods while being able to start at my own pace and learn as I went.

What is the story behind your shop name?
"your mom" jokes always make me laugh - in high school I would often chime in with a "your mom" does such and such and became maybe a little too well known for it. When considering shop names I wanted to come up with something fun and memorable and yourmomdesigns just naturally came about.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
The opportunities that I've had to sell wholesale, have patterns published and be a part of collaborations because lovely folks have found me on etsy.com.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
My nesting bowls are by far one of my favorite things to create - because it is a set, each bowl I make fits into the next I create so the process of making them is just as fun as playing with the finished product and I get to play with color variations as well.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/79119697/roygbiv-nesting-bowls-made-from?ref=shop_home_active_5

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Finding the right balance of time to invest in my personal venture and sticking to a regular work schedule are not my forte, but planning and providing myself with time to actually work and developing a schedule have helped me the most to rise to the challenge.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I want everything that I sell to serve purpose but also be bright and a lot of fun. It's also very important to me to use eco friendly materials when possible, which is why I love working with my handmade up-cycled t-shirt yarn.

What do you do when you aren't working?
I get to enjoy life with my dear husband and three kiddos, the work and wonder of it is something I consider a huge privilege. I am a huge fan of coffee and have a small part time job working for my local Church as a coffee shop manager. I also have a big extended family, with 9 siblings, and spending time with them is one of my greatest treasures.

Your Mom Designs is offering a 15% discount in her shop on orders over $10. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "ETSYKIDSLOVE" at checkout. Valid until May 16th 2014.
electric handheld rainbow, crocheted t-shirt yarn key ring toy for baby in neon by yourmomdesigns(rts)
$10.00
black crocheted pirate eye patch for kids by yourmomdesigns(rts)
$4.00
crocheted flower necklace for little girls in pink by yourmomdesigns removable buttons learning toy
$12.00
crocheted navy to sky blue ombre nesting catch all bowls, made from crocheted up-cycled t-shirts by yourmomdesigns
$15.00

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...