Meet Etsy Seller GeorginaGiles

Posted Wednesday, July 16, 2014

GeorginaGiles has been selling on Etsy since August 2010, they sell lovely handmade toys & games to make every day an adventure! Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

Grey & Lavender Stegosaurus Dinosaur Plush ToyPink & Pastel Blue Diplodocus Dinosaur Plush ToyNoughts & Crosses - Tic Tac Toe - Travel Game - Lollipop FlowersNoughts & Crosses - Tic Tac Toe - Travel Game - Blue Flowers

What motivated you to start your shop?
I teach workshops, write a sewing blog (georginagiles.co.uk) and make handmade toys. I opened an Etsy shop because I was looking for a way to sell my toys online and to a global audience. I love wrapping up a dinosaur and sending it off to the other side of the world!

What is the story behind your shop name?
My shop has the same name as my business and it is simply my name! When I set up my business I wanted something simple and I decided that my name was the best way to go.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I love the sense of community that Etsy has, I am always amazed by the amount of support and advice you can find on the forums and in the teams.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
My favourite item at the moment would have to be one of my Tic Tac Toe travel games. I love choosing the fabric, felt and buttons to team together and they are such fun to make. I have really fond memories of playing games with my family when I was little and I love to think that my games will bring other families together in the same way.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
It can be tricky planning ahead for seasonal products. Before you know it, Christmas is on the way and it can be a mad rush to get everything photographed and listed. I now make sure that Christmas is planned over the summer and ready to be listed in September!

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I want to design and make beautiful, quality and quirky toys that families will treasure. I place a big emphasis on the quality of my work and I always try to source my materials from UK based companies.

What do you do when you aren't working?
When I'm not working - which isn't often because I love what I do - I spend time with my husband and my family. I love cooking and eating out, going for long walks and reading a good book. I live by the seaside so going for an ice cream on the beach is another favourite thing to do!

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
I also write sewing tutorials, which I publish on my blog. I have written a really wide range of patterns, including one for a drawstring bag, a complete guide to stitching a patchwork quilt, gifts to make for men and also some knitting patterns.
You can find them all here : http://georginagiles.wordpress.com/category/tutorials/

Sew a Pudding Felt Christmas Decoration KitSew a Stocking Felt Christmas Decoration KitLove Monster Plush Toy **Limited Edition**Dusky Grey & Pink Miniature Monster Plush Toy
Treasury Tool Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...