Meet Etsy Seller The Bow Next Door

Posted Wednesday, July 09, 2014

The Bow Next Door has been selling on Etsy since May 2013, they sell all things bows, hairbows, bow bracelets, bow ties, bow storage and lots more! Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

Solid Wood Headband Holder with optional Quilted Fabric Wrap and MonogramRed Madras Plaid Bow TieTCU Dog bow for collarPink Seersucker Monogram-able hair bow

What motivated you to start your shop?
I'm a stay-at-home mom to two little ones and wanted to have something to do during naps and school days. I love to sew, embroider, and smock so starting an Etsy shop was an easy decision!

What is the story behind your shop name?
When I was thinking of names, I knew I wanted something catchy and obvious. My family threw around names, some off the wall and some cleaver but already taken. I liked the idea of my bows being like the 'girl/boy next door' and so the same formed!

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
Once I opened my shop, I was most surprised with the many aspects of running your own shop. Not only are you designing and creating your product, you have to market it. You learn tricks of photography, ways to write captivating descriptions, and working with multiple social media platforms. Not to mentions profit and loss and taxes :)

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
My favorite creation is my solid wood headband holder. It mixes my love of organization, bows, and monograms all into one!

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
The most challenging thing about selling on Etsy is finding a way to stand out. There are thousands of other bow businesses so keeping up with trends, paying extreme attention to detail, and marketing helps my shop stand out!

What do you do when you aren't working?
When I'm not working you can find me in carpool lines, at yoga, cheering on TCU (Go Frogs), or at my "book" club (we ditched reading books and now just eat, drink and be merry!).

White and Metallic Gold Polka Dot Bow Bracelet with Gold Glitter BandTrucks and Tools Bow TieBright Multicolored (with a hint of sparkle) Polka Dot fabric hair bowSuperhero Bow Tie
Treasury Tool Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the supehero bow!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...