Meet Etsy Seller The Polka Dot Tot Spot

Posted Wednesday, December 18, 2013



Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop thepolkadottotspot

ThePolkaDotTotSpot has been selling on Etsy since January 2007, she sell handmade birthday shirts for boys and girls and more! Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Reusable Fabric Banner - RETRO in Aqua Blues, Lime Greens, and Browns - ThePolkaDotTotSpot Boys ONE Shirt for First Birthday - 12-18 month long sleeved navy blue tshirt with aqua and white lettering - READY to Ship - ThePolkaDotTotSpot Girls 4th Birthday Shirt - 4t long sleeved number 4 and pennant banner in navy and pink - ThePolkaDotTotSpot Girls First Birthday Pink and Brown Polkadot Set - 12-18 month ONE birthday long sleeved shirt and matching skirt - ThePolkaDotTotSpot

What motivated you to start your shop?
It started when my daughter was a few months old...... The whole mass produced - "made in China" toy scare was going on so I was looking for some alternatives for my baby girl to play with. I can upon a pattern for some super cute cloth blocks so I made a few for her and for some friends and they were a hit! I was cloth diapering her at he time and started selling the blocks online on the Diaperswappers "work from home mom" forum just for the fun of it. People were snatching them up as it was right before Christmas. I couldn't believe people were actually liking something that I made enough to pay me for them! Crazy huh? I truly felt honored and was beyond excited about it! So it just bloomed from there and I found Etsy and my stock kept growing and expanding to what it is today...approx 400 unique items!!

What is the story behind your shop name?
Every name I thought of on Etsy someone had already taken so I just kept playing around with words until I came up with "The Polka Dot Tot Spot" Yeah, its a mouthful but its mine!

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
The time it takes to keep it going. Its not just having the items, its promoting, renewing, restocking, updating, answering emails, creating new items, and of course filling orders! I am glad my kids are both in school now so I can concentrate on work while they are away and still have some mom time when they are home! Working from home is the best!

What is your favourite creations from your shop?

This is a hard one! Usually whatever is newest is my favorite! I LOVE to make new things, this is most definitely the part that is the most exciting as I get it use my creative side! I would have to say the birthday shirts and birthday banners are my favorite though. Each birthday only comes once so I think they should be special! Oh, my new birthday bunting shirts are super fun!

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?Customer service is the most important thing! I always try to get back with my customers as soon as possible and get there items made and sent out quickly. I think if you don't have that, people wont come back and repeat buyers are a big part of sales. I really do love my customers! Especially the ones that take time to let me know they love their item and even send photos of their kiddos using something they got from me!

What do you do when you aren't working?
I love photography, gardening, hiking, and spending time with family and friends! I also like decorating and remodelling! My house has so many layers of paint I think if the nails fell out it would still hold together!

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?Thanks Etsy Kids Team for letting me share a little about my shop and myself! I'm so glad to be part of the team!

ThePolkaDotTotSpot is offering a 10% discount in her shop at the moment. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "MEETTHETEAM10" at checkout. Valid until January 31st 2014.

Boys Second Birthday TWO Shirt - Size 2 long sleeved orange with monsters/aliens in orange lime and blue - ThePolkaDotTotSpot HAPPY BIRTHDAY Reusable Fabric Banner - Sweetwater by Moda - ThePolkaDotTotSpot Girls 1st Birthday Pennant Shirt - Size 18 month aqua long sleeved with number 1 and pennant banner in pink and aqua - ThePolkaDotTotSpot Apples and Pears - Large Cloth Jingle Ball - ThePolkaDotTotSpot

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...