Meet Etsy Seller ChildishThoughts

Posted Wednesday, November 13, 2013



Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop ChildishThoughts

ChildishThoughts has been selling on Etsy since January 2008, she make items for young children in hopes to get Mom a few quiet minutes while out and about. These items are fun quiet time activities for out on car rides, at the doctors office or just a little peace and quiet at home. Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.

Rockets chalk mat - ChildishThoughts Rainbow Mustache peek a boo toy sack - ChildishThoughts Dainty - ChildishThoughts Dinosaur zippered pouch with vinyl front - ChildishThoughts

What motivated you to start your shop?

At the time it was me and my son, we started the shop just for something fun to do and to keep us off the streets getting into trouble. Not that a 25 year old Mom and a 4 year old boy can get into too much trouble, but it was safer to stay at home and play with fabric than to be out and about.
My son was really into it, he enjoyed picking out fabric and helping me design items, so we fell in love with our little ideas right away.

What is the story behind your shop name?
I wanted something fun and that was comical, I think my shop name fits that perfectly.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
What surprised me most is how much it has flourished. And also how addictive it is, 5 years later and we are still having soo much fun creating and selling our little items.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
My most favorite item is the crayon aprons, they are just sooo much fun to make, I love all the pleating, and just the over all look of the finished item. Its not a best seller and I don't get to make very many of them on a regular but still my favorite.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
The amount of competition there is can sometimes be over whelming and challenging, like when I have new item something I haven't sold before, I find it hard to want to put it in my etsy shop, for fear that it wont sell and be buried in all the other listings, but once I have it out there I realize I was just being scared for nothing. And I realize the competition is what makes it fun.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
Just to do what is fun for me, I also like to try to do something out of the box and different than what the norm is, maybe a step up from the normal.

What do you do when you aren't working?
Bake and play with my kids, they are what got me started on this and they are what keep me going.

ChildishThoughts is celebrating their 5 year anniversary on Etsy by offering everyone a 10% discount in their shop. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "JAN5YR" at checkout.

farm fresh toddler chef apron - ChildishThoughts Groovy Guitar Car roll - ChildishThoughts Dinosaur toddler backpack - ChildishThoughts Bird Cage Crayon apron - ChildishThoughts

1 comment:

Carina Olsen said...

I love ChildishThoughts. I've been a fan of hers for years. My paycheck practically goes to this shop. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...