Introducing Sweet Pea and Mama Bees

Posted Thursday, August 16, 2012


Today We Introduce You To Georgia of
Sweet Pea and Mama Bees

Q: What motivated you to start your shop?
I had my daughter 18 months ago. My career in Finance had me working long hours and I had a 1 hour commute each way. I felt like I never got to see her, so I decided to leave my job and stay home with her. I knew I needed something to keep me from getting cabin fever and to hopefully bring in some extra money from home.

Q: What is the story behind your shop name?
I love creating things not just for my daughter but also for things for myself and other friends. I wanted the shop name to reflect that my items are for girls of all ages. My husband and I have always called our daughter "Sweet Pea" and I knew that I had to include that in the name.

Q: Do you have a favorite Etsy Shop (non-child related)?
Currently crushing on HelloBerry right now. I love accessories and I want every item in her shop!

Q: What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I think I was most surprised by how easy Etsy makes the setup. I put it off for a while not realizing how easy it is. It can be time consuming, but it really isn't difficult.

Q: What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
I think my biggest challenge is getting my shop noticed when there are so many other similar shops.

Q: What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I started out making a lot of "popular" products, but then I realized that I really wanted the shop to reflect my talents and style. I still love doing custom orders for people but they are based on other styles or similar to items listed. I guess I feel that the quality and style should be true to me, even if I am not selling as many items.

Q: How would someone (other then you) describe you?
Definitely that I am "Old Soul" I love vintage items and things that look old. You can really see it through every aspect of my life, from personal style, decor......even my knowledge of older music and movies.

Q: What music do you have on while you are creating?
I usually am creating during my daughter's naptime....so I keep it super quiet in hopes to get as many extra minutes as possible :)

Q: What do you do when you aren't working?
When I'm not working, I am being a mom, housewife and spending time with my family.

Q: Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
I feel so lucky and blessed to be able to stay at home with my daughter and have a job that I love at the same time. I can see now that creating things is what I was meant to do.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...