Introducing Yassi's Place

Posted Wednesday, June 20, 2012


Today We Introduce You To Yassenafrom Yassi's Place

Q: What motivated you to start your shop?
For a while after I graduated I kept busy with work. My husband and I built our dream home. I barely had any free time. But for the last 3 years I've lightened my workload and finally had time for my hobbies.

I've been drawing, sewing and creating things for fun since I was 8 or 9. There isn't a craft that I read about or saw that I haven’t attempted to try. I love learning new things. However, my real passion is Graphic design. One day a friend of mine said: "You should open an Etsy shop. People would love to buy your creations." Since that day I have not looked back.

Q: What is the story behind your shop name?
There isn't much of a story. I wanted a name that would be versatile. That no matter what I offered in my shop it would work. So, I used my name and called it Yassi's Place. My closest friends and family call me Yassi and my art room is my place where I spend a lot of time designing, sewing and now printing my prints. That's how Yassi's Place came to be.

Q: Do you have a favorite Etsy Shop (non-child related)?
I love browsing through jewelry, fine art photography and home decor shops, but do not have a favorite one. They are so many... To name a few:Raceytay, shannonpix, honeytree , 6 Miles Cottage

Q: What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
The biggest surprise was how many people love my art.

Q: What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
The time it takes to run a successful shop and to fit in deadlines while keeping a superior quality product.

Q: What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
Do what you love, have fun along the way and do your best each and every time. My customers are my biggest priority, they are my biggest fans and they deserve the best.

Q: How would someone (other then you) describe you?
Creative, organized, friendly, resourceful...

Q: What music do you have on while you are creating?
Most of the time I like to work in a peaceful and quiet atmosphere, but for the times that I listen to music I like to turn on the radio. I like the variety and the element of surprise.

Q: What do you do when you aren't working?
I like to lounge by the pool, garden, decorate, Skype with my family.

Q: Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
I was born and raised in Bulgaria. I've been in the US for over 12 years now. I have a very loving and supportive husband who has turned all my dreams into a reality. And now I have Etsy. Life is wonderful!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...