Meet Etsy Seller EllaLeneDesigns

Posted Wednesday, April 08, 2015


Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop EllaLeneDesigns

EllaLeneDesigns has been selling on Etsy since November 2014, they sell fun and affordable clothes for toddlers! Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

Toddler Jumper Dress - Girls Dress - Spring Dress - Summer Dress 18M-24M - Toddlers Owl Jumper - Cute Toddler JumperToddler Summer Boy shorts - Boys airplane shorts Outfit - Summer shorts  - Boys plane summer shorts - 3T boy shortsSpring Flower Skirt for Toddler - Toddler Flower Skirt - Ruffle Layer Skirt - Toddler Ruffle Skirt - Toddler's White Two Layer Ruffle SkirtSpring, Easter, Flower Handmade toddler flower print elastic skirt

What motivated you to start your shop?
I was motivated to start my shop by my two year old twins, Colin and Ella.  I started sewing as a hobby and then started making a few things for them including some simple skirts and vests as well as rodeo outfits :) We are from Houston, Texas. I really enjoyed it and decided to start creating new things and trying to sell them!  I absolutely love picking out new fabrics and trying new things. Everything I've learned about sewing, I've learning from my mom and taught myself the rest!  My mom sewed a lot of our clothes growing up and my grandmother loves quilting.  She made my baby quilt and baby quilts for my twins!

What is the story behind your shop name?
My shop name is Ella Lene Designs, name after my daughter Ella Lene.  My children are my greatest inspiration!  Ella is my "model" and loves to pose for pictures for me!  I'm working to get Colin into the "modeling".

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
It's not just sewing!  There are so many other things to do!  From business licenses, tax permits, compliance for children's clothes, and the list goes on!  I really love to sew so I don't mind doing the rest of the administrative part.  I have a business degree in Accounting, my MBA, and my CPA license and worked in the corporate world for 10 years before I had my twins.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I LOVE to make my ruffled skirts and honestly, I love coming up with new things to make.  It is a great challenge for me to try new clothes.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
SEO and promotion!  Those things are key to being successful!

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
My personal philosophy behind my shop and products is to create fun AND affordable clothes for toddlers that are made with quality.  I hand sew every piece in my shop and it is important that all my customers, especially the little ones, are happy!

What do you do when you aren't working?
When I am not sewing, I am taking care of my two year old twins and my one year old niece!

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
I truly feel like I have found my passion and I love what I do.

EllaLeneDesignsis offering a 20% discount in her shop. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "ETSYKIDS20" at checkout. 


Toddler Summer Outfit - Girls Outfit - Spring Skirt - Spring Top - Toddlers Summer Outfit - Girls Butterfly skirt and topToddler action hero fleece (flannel lined) vestHouston sports fleece vestToddler skirt 2-3T elastic waist
Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...