Meet Etsy Seller Baby Delights: A Children's Store

Posted Wednesday, June 18, 2014


Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop Baby Delights

Baby Delights has been selling on Etsy since October 2011, they sell unique baby gifts such as washcloth lollipops, bodysuit sundaes, and washcloth cupcakes! Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

Big Sister Gift Ice Cream ConeBaby gift idea Ice Cream Sundae Baby Girl Gift Unique baby giftBaby Gift for Girl Monkey Tag Blanket Baby Girl GiftTwin Girl Baby Gift 12 piece set Baby gift for Twin Girls

What motivated you to start your shop?
As a new stay at home mom, we had a tight budget and I wanted to make some extra cash, so I made a few items to sell at a craft show.  By the end of my first day, I had sold out on almost everything I had brought.  People were asking if I had a website and asked for a business card...neither of which I had at the time, since it was my first experience selling crafts.  I remember writing my email address on scraps of notebook paper...things developed from there!

What is the story behind your shop name?
I chose my shop's name with the intent of helping shoppers at craft shows know what I sold, so I wanted to put Children in the name.  I was drifting off to sleep one night and the name Baby Delights:  A Children's Store came to me.  I can remember being so excited that I jumped out of bed and wrote it down!

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I am always surprised by the amount of time spent on the seemingly small stuff, like promoting online each day, or how long it takes to carefully package and ship items!

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I love the washcloth lollipops.  Even after making hundreds of them, they still make me smile.   I love setting them out on my candy display at craft shows and seeing people stop and coo over them.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Taxes.  I was in for a rude awakening my first year, when I had to count every extra washcloth, bodysuit, sock, ribbon spool, yard of fabric, tape roll, box, etc.    Entering numbers into Excel spreadsheets, keeping up with receipts, paperwork for sales tax...I would love to give that job to someone else!

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
Items sold online should be perfection.   That means I wash my hands a hundred times to make sure things are perfect and stay perfect.  There is no room for flaws in my supplies or in my sewing/crafting.  My customers are counting on me to provide exactly what they see in the pictures.  They are looking for the perfect baby gift and I want each of my items to be perfect!

What do you do when you aren't working?
I take care of my 3 year old daughter and often times babysit my 2 nieces (ages 3 and 1).  My daughter loves art, so we spend a great deal of our day cutting, pasting, painting, and baking (when she's not making me be a mermaid or help her "look for treasure").  I am hoping she will be my craft show partner in a few years!

Baby Delights is offering a 10% discount in her shop. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "ETSYKIDS10" at checkout. Valid until July 31st 2014.
Boy Baby Gift 12 piece set Unique Baby Boy Gift2 Blue and Green Washcloth Lollipops Baby Boy Gift IdeasMonkey Tag Ribbon Blanket Baby Boy Gift4 Mini Diaper Cakes & Banner Baby Shower Decor Baby Shower Decoration Kit Set
Treasury Tool Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...