Meet Etsy Seller Jenny Dale Designs

Posted Wednesday, February 12, 2014



Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop Jenny Dale Designs

Jenny Dale Designs has been selling on Etsy since February 2013 (happy 1 year anniversary!), she sell nursery art & decor for Children, including wonderful illustrations and poetry. Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.

Sock Monkey Art, Nursery Art, Nursery Decor-   Sock monkey and rocking horse: Art print - JennyDaleDesigns Robot's Red Ballon- painting with quote or personalized message: hand signed art print - JennyDaleDesigns Super Hero Cat and Mouse Burglar: hand signed art print - JennyDaleDesigns Canvas art, blue bird, whimsical nursery print-8x10 limited edition canvas print ready to hang - JennyDaleDesigns

What motivated you to start your shop?
I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Painting and I have been creating art for as long as I can remember.  However, it wasn’t until the birth of my son that I began to focus my attention of creating art for children’s rooms and nurseries.  Having taught kindergarten for 8 years, I have a profound respect for children and I believe they are capable, creative citizens.  They deserve to be surrounded by beautiful, thought-provoking works of art.  All of my paintings and illustrations are made with thoughtfulness, love and care. I also write poetry to accompany each one of my prints, giving children and parents a chance to engage in the artwork on another level.  I have been a fan of Etsy for years, and opening my own Etsy shop seemed like a perfect fit for my artwork.

What is the story behind your shop name?
I choose the name Jenny Dale Designs because I wanted a name that was reminiscent of my childhood yet unique to me as an artist.  My middle name is Dale and when I was a child my dad called me “Jenny Dale”.  Although I lost my dad to cancer 9 years ago, each time I hear my business name spoken aloud it is as though my dad is with me - watching over me…smiling…proud.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I have so much fun creating each one of my illustrations that it is hard to pick only a few!  I have a lot of fun creating characters out of birds and owls…and cats!  I have a lot of fun with my cats!

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
When I first opened my Etsy shop, I thought I’d immediately be overwhelmed with sales orders coming in!  Whenever I sell my work at craft shows and festivals I am always incredibly busy, but I soon discovered that selling online is a different ballpark.  There isn’t quite the same sense of urgency, so people tend to take more time to make a decision.  I also find that my listings are sometimes buried in a sea of other items that pop-up in a search.  I’m learning to focus more energy into promoting on-line sales and spreading the word about my shop through social media and advertising.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
As I mentioned earlier, I believe children deserve to be surrounded by beautiful, thought provoking works of art.  Each one of my paintings tells a story through colour, characters and the poetry I write to accompany it.  I also think art should be accessible to everybody.  Rather than offer my paintings through traditional galleries, I choose to sell my prints online and at craft shows and festivals.  People who might not otherwise engage in my art, are able to do so because it is in a relaxed, familiar setting.  As a parent, I know we can’t all spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on art for our homes.  I strive to make my artwork affordable knowing that tastes change and kids eventually grow up!

What do you do when you aren't working?
Most of my time is spent with my wonderful son, James and my loving husband, Mark.  Our days are full of laughter and exploration.  Living near the mountains means I am never far from a trip to the Rockies to hike, snowboard, or just take in the scenery and check out the local galleries.

Roaring 20's Vintage style Duckling-Betty The Flapper Duck hand signed art print - JennyDaleDesigns Fox and Sailboat Nursery Art: Art print with Poetry - JennyDaleDesigns Panda and Sailboat, Panda Nursery Art: Art print with Poetry - JennyDaleDesigns Cute Pig Art, Nursery art, Art for Girls: Little girl pig playing dress-up (hand signed art print) - JennyDaleDesigns

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...