Meet Etsy Seller AuntMsCreations

Posted Wednesday, July 31, 2013


Today we would like to introduce you to Marilyn
and her Etsy shop Aunt Ms Creations

Aunt Ms Creations has been selling on Etsy since November 2010, she sells practical, functional, and fun for children and adults. Today they are sharing a little about their shop and selling handmade items.

15 inch CUDDLE BLANKET. Frog Ultra Cuddly. Red Minky. Ribbon tags - AuntMsCreations HIDDEN TREASURE bags. I Spy bags. FARM animals theme edition. - AuntMsCreations 18 Inch DOLL SLEEPING BAG only. - AuntMsCreations HOODED TOWEL. Light Blue. Polka Dot Ribbon. Sailboat button. - AuntMsCreations

What motivated you to start your shop?
I started out by making hooded towels for baby gifts. I realized that those who received them loved them so I thought why not try to sell them? Then I added other items for children as I thought this would make my shop more cohesive. As I create and add items it often leads to another idea. I have plenty more ideas of products that might be added in the future!

What is the story behind your shop name?
I am privileged to be the aunt of 26 nieces and nephews (17 on my side and 9 on my husband's side). The oldest ones starting calling me Auntie M. When I was looking for a shop name I wanted something that could be remembered easily, reflected who I am and what I have for sale. So I thought that using Aunt Ms was great and added Creations so I could be open ended to what all I include in my shop in the future.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
That people like what I have for sale and are excited about my products. I love creating items that people need- things that are practical, functional and yet fun.
I also love the feedback I receive from my customers online and at craft shows that I attend. It's so confirming when you hear the enthusiastic responses to seeing my products and the desire someone has to purchase something- or when someone has a hard time deciding what to buy because they are interested in lots of things.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I would have to say I like to make everything that I offer in my shop or I wouldn't offer them. But I love the Hidden Treasure bags that have the different themes.
I was an early childhood teacher for many years and would have loved to have these bags to use to teach concepts such as letters, numbers, shapes and colors. They offer a fun and unique approach to teaching little ones basic concepts. My second favorite items are the doll sleeping bags- they bring smiles to young girls faces which brings a smile to my face in return!

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
It is extremely difficult to get noticed when there are so many shops and many selling similar products. I offer the best product I know how to create and try to entice potential customers with great descriptions, good titles and the correct tags so my items are found in the search.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
Sell products that I love to make. Offer great customer service. Stand behind my products. Show integrity and be appreciative of every inquiry and every sale and every treasury that I am included in. Bring delight to my customers when they open the package, see the items wrapped in tissue paper and tied with ribbon with a hand written thank you note!

How would someone (other then you) describe you?
Organized. Joyful. Dependable. Creative.

What do you do when you aren't working?
I love to read, hang out with my husband and daughter as well as with extended family and friends. I also am very active in my church and lead a weekly Bible study for women.
Sewing to me is not work but fun and relaxing!

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
I really enjoy running all aspects of my business- from creating to packaging and all the steps in between! My husband is my biggest cheerleader and my daughter is so excited whenever I have a sale!! I couldn't do this without their support!

RE-USABLE BAGS- Set of 2- Rainbow Stripes - AuntMsCreations DOLL SLEEPING Bag and Pajama set. Brown fleece. Pink Striped Flannel. American Girl and other 18 inch dolls. - AuntMsCreations Eco Friendly RE-USABLE BAGS- Set of 3- Cupcakes - AuntMsCreations SAVE when you buy 4. YOUR CHOICE of 4 Theme Hidden Treasure Bags. I Spy. - AuntMsCreations

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...