Creative Weekend Inspiration

Posted Sunday, September 05, 2010

With two toddlers in tow and a business to run, I have to say I do not get to read much. It's not that I don't enjoy reading, I love it. I just haven't figured out how to double the hours in a day. Not yet :) There was a point when things changed in our economy that I thought I would need to return to teaching. Yup, I was a teacher, and a juvenile probation officer before that! I was asked during an interview what books I had read lately. Seriously? Books? Well, one not to tell a lie, I had to admit that the only book I had even remotely read in the past year was "What to Expect in the First Year" and I hadn't even read all of that - just the dog eared pages of my emergency grabs when I remembered I even had the book and that it might help in whatever infant/toddler emergency I was then facing. Uh, some of the pages are quite worn. We all got a good laugh in that interview and it was smooth sailing the rest of the hour I spent there, honesty works! And as enjoyable an interview that was with that kind of icebreaker, I did not take the job and was able to stay home with my babies after all, hallelujah and thanks honey! All of this to say that I do come across a good read once in awhile, despite our hectic schedule, and running a children's catering company lends itself to these types of finds:



I thought you might enjoy it as much as I do ~ I have not yet made a cake pop but this video will show you how it's done and I can't wait to get my hands on the book!

Bakerella's Cake Pop How-To

I was not paid to make this announcement. I wouldn't mind getting paid. I didn't mind making the announcement. Have any fun reads for long weekends with kids in mind? Let us know!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...