Introducing SquishyBee

Posted Thursday, September 27, 2012


Today We Introduce You To Cortney from SquishyBee

Q: What motivated you to start your shop?
I loved arts/crafts and a friend mentioned etsy. I had never heard of it before so when I checked it out I was instantly a fan and knew this was for me!

Q: What is the story behind your shop name?
I had the hardest time coming up with a name I thought suit. I spent more then a week thinking and making lists until it hit me. It was right in front of me the whole time! SquishyBee is what we call my second to youngest daughter. Not only did it suit my shop perfect it was very special to me as well :)

Q: Do you have a favorite Etsy Shop (non-child related)?
I think these are too cute! http://www.etsy.com/shop/yalipaz

Q: What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
That people actually wanted to buy my items enough that it has been a huge success for me! I thought I might sell something here and there over a period of months but I am at the point I am booked with custom doll orders through the rest of the year! I keep the smaller things like the onesies open for custom orders though.

Q: What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Finding time. I have 4 kiddos, I am a stay at home mom and home-school so finding the perfect balance has been hard. I want to make sure my husband, kids, and house stay my number one priority! It has been a long time of trial and error with time management but I think I am getting to the place I want to be.

Q: What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products? I only sell what I would buy and make sure each item has a quality to be proud of. I put my name on each item because I stand behind what I make.

Q: How would someone (other then you) describe you?
laid back and crafty

Q: What music do you have on while you are creating?
The music to my ears while I create is the sounds of my children :)

Q: What do you do when you aren't working?
Helping my kids with school or doing something nice with them, sometimes a date with my hubby, cleaning.... all the things that need to be done. I don’t have much time for any extra besides that!


$50.00

$12.00

$15.00

$12.00

$12.00

$19.50


$19.50

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...