Introducing Gossamer Wings by Ailesdiaphanes

Posted Thursday, September 13, 2012



Today We Introduce You To Elizabeth


Q:
what motivated you to start your shop?
I have always loved children's clothing and longed to see more classic, sweet clothing in the marketplace. Having lived in France, I fell in love with their style for children's wear. The color palate is more mellow and if there are prints, they tend to be sweet florals and classic patterns like polka dots or gingham. I decided I would like to bring a little bit of that into my line. I sewed most all of the clothing that my daughters wore when they were little, and l was always asked where their clothing was purchased. Which then led to them asking me why I didn't sell them. That was in the late eighties and nineties, before Etsy! I would have been in heaven had Etsy existed, since I was a stay at home mom in those days. I decided to do it now, even though my daughters are now in their twenties, because I simply adore children's clothing!

Q:
what is the story behind your shop name?
Well, I love the storybook aspect of it. I once read a children's book where one of the sentences read, "and they flew upon gossamer wings." It reminds me of some sort of tiny fairytale figure flying on an insects back with luminous wings. I wanted my shop to have a storybook feel to it.

Q:
do you have a favorite Etsy Shop (non-child related)?
I love to support fellow Etsy sellers! A few of my favorite shops are Holland Fabric House, Robert Ryan, and Elsa Mora. The list is really endless, because there are so many talented individuals on Etsy.

Q:
what surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
How kind some of the shoppers are that want special orders. I worked with three very nice ladies with good results.

Q:
what do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
I suppose it is the most popular challenge, and that would have to be getting your name out there to have more traffic going to your shop. Also knowing how to price your work.

Q:
what's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I'm very meticulous with my sewing, and nothing leaves my house if it isn't perfect in my eye. That means all seams are pressed and finished nicely, and the construction has to be able to stand the test of time through washing and wearing. Most of all, I would love to think my clothing is timeless, and can be handed down without looking dated. I also believe in using the finest fabrics in natural fibers I can get a hold of.

Q:
how would someone (other then you) describe you?
An artist with a keen eye for color and style, and a good cook!

Q:
what music do you have on while you are creating?
Most people would be surprised, given my age, that I listen to alternative/indie rock, and sometimes pop punk music. It gets me moving and keeps me alert!

Q:
what do you do when you aren't working?
I love to cook and explore new restaurants in my area. I love to travel when I can, with my family. I studied art history and museum/gallery display while in college, so you can find me strolling the many wonderful museums in San Francisco.

Q:
anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
If people want to get to know me a bit better, they can visit my blog: www.elizabeth-mackey@blogspot.com/




'Introducing Gossamer Wings by Ailesdiaphanes' by Lilikin14

an etsykids team treasury


$35.00

$59.00

$65.00

$150.00

$49.00

$55.00

$35.00

$55.00

Treasury tool supported by the dog house

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...