Posted Friday, December 31, 2010
Congratulations to the winner of this month's challenge 5. Whoo Wants Peace Bib and Owlet Gift Set by tzburps!
TZ Burps! was started by a new mom who decided to make functional but very stylish bibs for her own messy eater and others to enjoy. It's a very cute Etsy store that also features a lovely collection of plush toy birds, handmade ornaments and stylish hair clips. You can visit TZ Burps HERE!
and I would like to wish you all a ............
Posted Tuesday, December 21, 2010
(If you can't view the voting poll above, please follow HERE to vote.)
1. Overall in Patriotic Red White and Blue Peace Signs by OverallBaby
2. Go Green...Single Button Clippie....No Slip Grip Available...Perfect for Birthday's or Christmas by Snugglebugkidz
3. Waiting for Santa Red Jester Hat Christmas Collection by ohbabydotcom
4. Not Your Ordinary Friendship Bracelets - Candy Cane Red Hearts - Set of 2 by TawnyBee
5. Whoo Wants Peace Bib and Owlet Gift Set by tzburps
6. Last Minute Christmas Gifts Olivia the Pig Organic Cotton Sherpa Baby Toddler Blanket Red Handmade by ShereesAtelier
Posted Sunday, December 19, 2010
Each month EtsyKids Team members are challenged to create a unique item within a chosen theme. Our new challenge for December "Peace on Earth" was picked by our last month's winner Sing Me A Melody. Designs celebrating December festivities and ringing in the New Year. With emphasis on gift-giving, clothing and accessories, party fashion, favors, decor, cards, calendars, and a touch of holiday sparkle.
EtsyKids members will have until December 19th to submit their entries, and voting will be open to everybody from Tuesday, December 21st to Monday, December 27th. So, be sure to come back to the EtsyKids blog for a new post on the 21st to see all of the entries and VOTE! In the meantime, please click here to get a sneak peek at some exciting entries so far!
Posted Tuesday, December 07, 2010
Posted Friday, December 03, 2010
With gift giving and wish lists in the forefront of our minds, my circle of friends, has talked a lot about dolls lately ... brands, quality, cost, worth. Lots of opinions, but mostly lots of Mom's wanting to promote good values in the toys they give their daughters, wanting high quality, but also working with in modest budgets.
When a friend mentioned to co-worker that she was looking for quality clothing for her daughters 18" doll, and wanted more variety than what can be found in the stores. Her co-worker said, "Have you tried Etsy?"
What a fabulous suggestion! Etsy, specifically EtsyKids team members have an amazing selection of clothing for 18" dolls ... everything from period dresses and party dresses, to soccer and cheer leading uniforms. But don't for get the everyday clothes and accessories ... dresses, jeans, leggings, caps, and more. The prices are super reasonable and the quality looks amazing! So if you're in the market for 18" doll clothes. Please check out the selection offered by our EtsyKids team members. They have LOTS to offer the little girls on your shopping list this year.
Posted Monday, November 29, 2010
Sing Me A Melody is a lovely store filled with dresses, tops and little buttons all handmade by mother of two, Sophie Cormier. You'll be sure to find an adorable gift for that little girl on your list. Pop by HERE to visit Sing Me A Melody.
Posted Sunday, November 21, 2010
(If you can't view the voting poll above, please follow HERE to vote.)
1. TINIEST RED ROSE TUTU FOR NEWBORNS WITH FREE COORDINATING FLOWER CLIP-INFANTS by cuddlehugs
2. Peppermint Owlet by tzburps
3. Christmas red & white with a sprinkle of green lil DIVA Set by lilsteinstyles
4. OOAK Baby Newborn Candy Cane Stripe Elf Hat DESIGNER Red White Hand Knit Stocking Cap by FiddlestyxStudios
5. Numbers Magnet Hanging Basket/Reversible by LilBitSassy
6. Burp Cloth Bundle of Four - PEPPERMINT set of hot pink and red coordinating cloths by tinystitches
7. Knit Double Pom Pom hat - custom sizing and colors available, baby, toddler and child by JillyBeanJar
8. Girls Vintage Peek-A-Boo Christmas Dress by KinderKouture
9. Candy Cane Wool Stocking Made to Order by mrowe
10. Peppermint Princess Holiday. Great for Holiday Pictures Tutu Sizes Newborn-6 Ships in 2-4 DAYS by ashlafone
11. CLEARANCE-Set of Six Christmas Candy Crayons by PreschoolDoll
12. Girls Peppermint Boutique Hair Bow Candy Cane Red White Christmas BowFairies by LilBelleBowtique
13. Girls Frilly Holiday Apron by ccooperdesigns
14. Rhonda the Red Nosed Reindeer...Adorable Custom Made Boutique Applique Shirt or Onesie...Perfect for Winter and Christmas by gigglebabydesigns
15. Holiday Peppermint Candy Pillow by rosirouge
16. CUSTOM Minky reversible throw blanket 3x5 ft, 100 MINKY STYLES to choose from 8) by yourloveyboutique
17. Peppermint Toppers by Mary Had a Little Party by maryhadalittleparty
18. CSL Boutique Signature Holiday Onesie and Pants Set Choose your size by CandyStickLane
19. Long Sleeved Holiday Tie Shirt with Santa Sleeves by PinkStripe
20. Christmas Cupcake Girls Holiday Outfit 6m to size 8 by liliputiansNYC
21. Fabric Flower Corsage Pin- Red, Black, and White Tartan Plaid by ChirpAndBloom
22. Applique Santa Hat on Christmas Green Hand Dyed Burp Cloth by sewbrookstone
23. Peppermint Red Candy Cane Jester Hat Christmas Collection by ohbabydotcom
24. Reindeer Pillowcase Dress by reachmichellee
25. peppermint tree tee... size 6-7 by sunnybrookfarmdesign
26. Toddler Ruffle Knit Leggings Red and White Holiday by AJsBowtique
27. Candy Cane Headband by sewmuchlovedesigns
28. Glitz Pillowcase Dress - Custom sizes 0-12, 12-24, 2t, 3t, 4t, 5t, 6, 7, 8 NEW DESIGN by thepolkadottotspot
29. Holiday Peppermint Peace Applique Shirt by monster in the closet on etsy by monsterinthecloset
30. Red Swirly Flowers Pillowcase Top - Size 4T by singmeamelody
31. Christmas Ruffle Pants by busybizzyB
32. CANDY CANES Green CHRISTMAS Red HOLIDAY Custom Boutique Pillowcase Dress by lilsweetieboutique
33. Embroidered Christmas Gingerbread Man Headband Peppermint Candy Custom Boutique by thesouthernbaby
34. Christmas elf by Aledi
35. Peppermit Candy Holiday Dress - 2 Toddler by BabySewPretty
36. SALE Christmas Dress with Bells and Embroidery by vivyscloset
37. SALE Red Tutu with Christmas Candy Swirl Bow by lucymaedesigns
38. CHRISTMAS PEPPERMINT CANDY BOW HEADBAND by jjkgirlythings
39. by alyssanickohldesigns
Posted Friday, November 19, 2010
Everyone has their favorite team -- high school, college, pro -- and who doesn't love showing their support by wearing their teams colors. Lots of our EtsyKids Team members recognize the need to adorn a little team spirit in and out of the stands. Here are just a few of the sellers who specialize in team pride accessories. Many accept custom requests so you can create just the right color combination for your special team.
Collegiate Hair Bow by bowssosweet
Custom Team Sports Scarf by littlemissfrilly
Custom Texas Longhorn Tank by snugsandshoogs
Crochet Tiger Team Sport Booties by amotherscrochet
Who's Behind, custom Team BloomerDiaper Cover by prettylittleones
Posted Sunday, November 14, 2010
Each month EtsyKids Team members are challenged to create a unique item within a chosen theme. Our new challenge for November "Peppermint Swirls" was picked by our last month's winner Little Miss Frilly - all things red and white.
EtsyKids members will have until November 19th to submit their entries, and voting will be open to everybody from Sunday, November 21st to Saturday, November 27th. So, be sure to come back to the EtsyKids blog for a new post on the 21st to see all of the entries and VOTE! In the meantime, please click here to get a sneak peek at some exciting entries so far!
Posted Friday, November 12, 2010
While we raked, we collected little bits to make these wreaths tomorrow morning ... pine cones, acorns and acorn tops, seed pods. I'm on the look out for sweetgum seed pods, 'cause I'm confident a little collection would make an fantastic nature wreath, don't you?
I hope you get a chance to enjoy beautiful crisp autumn weather this weekend, and while you're at it, check out these fun autumn leaf inspired creations from Etsykids team members.
Posted Friday, October 29, 2010
At Little Miss Frilly you'll find a fantastic variety of crochet items for kids. Beautiful hats, hair accessories, leg and hand warmers, colorful wash cloths, and much more all handmade by talented Joy. Although Little Miss Frilly is already filled with huge selection of different styles and shades, Joy also offers a custom option for most of her items (to select your own size or color). You can visit Little Miss Frilly here.
Posted Monday, October 25, 2010
Ever since we started watching the movie, Peri has been acting out all of Verucas' lines and even singing and dancing to her song, then pretending to fall down the garbage chute. Yup, Veruca's her favorite and she just had to be her for Halloween. I wasn't worried about her changing her mind, that is one thing I can always count on with Peri. Stubborn girl. :oP Knowing this much in advance, I took to Ebay to see what I could find. While I could have spent $60 on a custom made costume, that was a bit out of my price range, and instead, I made an offer on a red velour Christmas dress for $5 and called it good. I knew some modifications would need to be made, but hey, there's a first time for everything.
Anyone that knows me, knows that my sewing machine and I are not on a first name basis. We have a mutual respect for each other, but we don't tend to work well together. So I was resigned to the fact that any modifications would need to be done by hand. I'm happy to say, that after a few hours, I finished Peri's costume and it turned out pretty cute.
Since I try to have my kids sorta match, I originally thought of making Ryah into a giant blueberry so she could go as Violet but thought it would be a little awkward for a 3 year old to walk around in. Now if you ask her what she's going to be for Halloween, she says," I'm gonna be a Oompa Loompa." You should hear her say it, it's so cute. It was such a great idea, in theory, until I realized that costume would need to be made from scratch. :oP
After many many many hours of sewing by hand (and a little help from my friend Mandi and her sewing machine - seriously, she cut about 5 hours of my time in just 15 minutes) the Oompa Loompa costume is done. Woo hoo!
I love Halloween, and all the traditions; pumpkin carving, decorations, candy corn cookies... but I won't be adding "making costumes" to the list. I can say I've done it, conquered it, but won't be going there again. Well, not unless my sewing machine and I can come to some sort of agreement, like, sew for me and I won't melt you down into scrap metal to be used in some hideous yard art project. Now there's a thought...
Posted Thursday, October 21, 2010
(If you can't view the voting poll above, please follow HERE to vote.)
1. Run Turkey Run Thanksgiving Hair Clip and Headband Set by dragonflybowtique
2. Hoot ... Natural Baby Booties by OliveandFern
3. Pink-N-Blue Woodland Shoe Clips by ittybittybirdy
4. Woodland Critter Set by SeaUrchinStudio
5. Newborn Little Bear Cap by littlechickknits
6. Woodland Folk Reindeer Wooden Push Toy for the Vintage-inspired Nursery by prettydreamer
7. 2010 Fall Jumper-Lakes of Killarney Flannel Jumper and Tunic Set for Girls Size 5 by msliesenfelder
8. Little Miss Frilly Whooo do you love OWL earflap hat colors custom for you by littlemissfrilly
9. Woodland Friends Extra Comfy Wide Leg Lounge Pants for Babies and Toddlers Boys or Girls by babe-a-gogo by babeagogo
10. pudgy pink hedgehog hair clip by missmoptop
11. Woodland Animal Pair - Hedgehog and Fox Finger Puppets by stayawake
12. Owl Applique Custom Boutique Euro Vida Dress Knit Tee 2-8 by paintedbutterfly
13. AUTUMN Child Baby Fall Leaves Acorn Hat OOAK DESIGNER Hand Knit Leaf Cap by FiddlestyxStudios
14. woodland top... sz 2-3... by sunnybrookfarmdesign
15. squidbat hand screen printed, long sleeved tee size 2t, 4t, 6 by holdentees
16. Wise Hoots - Brown -- Creativity Wallet -- Includes Crayons and Notepad by DucksInARowBoutique
17. Woodfern Crib Bedding Set by LavishLamb
18. Wood Elf Sweater, 10/12 by kangaroocuddles
19. Nursery Art Print - Forest Friends by rachelod
20. Fruity Owl retro Kawaii Blanket by TwoLovebugs
21. Site Wide BOGO Sale -Hootie Whoo Organic Cotton T Shirt by BoutiqueLuckyStars
22. Woodland Moccasins - Kids Size 6-7 by TawnyBee
23. Creative toddler art toy large crayon artist case Life's A Hoot by OurLittleMesses
24. Corduroy Peasant Dress - Squirrel Forest - Sizes 12M-7 by MommySaidSew
25. Woodland Creatures Finger Puppets (Includes Fox, Beaver/Groundhog, Mallard Duck, Owl, and Raccoon.) by WeeKnit
26. Acorn Onesie by sewmuchlovedesigns
27. Woodland Bloom Deco Jean Set by madkatdesigns
28. Fabric Organizer Basket Bin Reversible OWLS by ladesigns2
29. Owls and Apples----Baby-Toddler -Childrens Car Seat Neck Travel Pillow-Closing Shop Sale by Tracysarah
30. Out On A Limb Owl Slippers Toddler sizes by ThePinkZebra
31. HOLD Woodland Wonder Upcycled Wool Overall Longies with Matching Elfin Hat 6-9m by Berchtasbelly1
32. Made to Order Personalized Denim Diaper Bag - Owl by TriedAndTrueDesigns
33. Cocoa Jester Hat Teddy Bear Newborn by ohbabydotcom
34. WOODLAND WOLF.................PACIFIER CLIP by CuckooBoo
35. Wooden Duckling Pull-Toy by handsinwood
36. NO SEW Iron On Bird Applique by Bellesmademoiselles
37. Woodland Owl Crayons Set of 5-- Packaged and Ready for Gift Giving by GaddyNipperCrayons
38. HEDGEHOG MEADOW Michael Miller AQUA Custom Boutique Pillowcase Dress by lilsweetieboutique
39. What a Hoot Owl Peasant Top by fluffygirlboutique
40. Adorable Owl Big Sister Shirt - Personalized with your child's name by siblingspecialtees
41. Aqua Owl Corduroy Coat by vivyscloset
42. Leaves in Aqua and Orange Twirly Skirt - CUSTOM sizes 12 months to 8Y by thepolkadottotspot
43. Limited Edition Woodgrain sophie/toy/sippy/snack/klean kanteen LEASH by KaelKaed
44. Acorn Baby Beanie Crochet in ORGANIC Cotton--0-6 month by locoMOmomma
45. Forest Owls Camp Time Fun Fabric Reversible Bib and Hand Dyed Burp Cloth by sewbrookstone
46. ONE UNisex hand dyed Burp Rag or Cloth diaper forest jungle animals KAwaii for your baby girl or boy on orange SALE by RockerByeBaby
47. Custom Clothing Dividers WOODLAND CREATURES by paperpartydesignco
48. PINK OWL DOUBLE RUFFLE RIBBON HAIR BOW by jjkgirlythings
49. Minky baby or toddler blanket, sage green and chocolate brown owls by yourloveyboutique
50. Little Woodsman Long Sleeved Nostalgic Graphic Tee in Forest with White by elizabethhorton
Posted Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Each month EtsyKids Team members are challenged to create a unique item within a chosen theme. Our new challenge for October "Woodland" was picked by our last month's winner Green Goat. Designs featuring forest animals: wolfs, foxes, bears, and owls. Also feathers, acorns, pine-cones, nuts, wood-grain, branches, logs, and leaves.
EtsyKids members will have until October 19th to submit their entries, and voting will be open to everybody from Thursday, October 21st to Wednesday, October 27th. So, be sure to come back to the EtsyKids blog for a new post on the 21st to see all of the entries and VOTE! In the meantime, please click here to get a sneak peek at some exciting entries so far!
Posted Saturday, October 09, 2010
But the spark.
That's crudely put, but…
If we're not supposed to dance,
Why all this music?
(Copper Canyon Press, 2005).
Copyright by Gregory Orr.
Posted Wednesday, October 06, 2010
Flowers Childrens Board Book by matthewporterart
Books and Elephants Dress by joeyandaleethea
Toddler Book Bag by meeabee
Soft Story Books by childrenswonderland
Rainbow Garden Soft Book by MamaMayI
Posted Monday, October 04, 2010
Since the first hint of pumpkins, goulies and witches hit the stores weeks ago, my girls have been begging me to break out the Halloween goodness. I have a hard time doing anything before October 1st, so now that we're officially past that, I could no longer procrastinate and Jim and I were forced to venture under the house and dust off the Halloween bin.
After a fun filled evening of spooky inspirational music and candy corn treats, we've put everything out and the girls are super excited. I dug out all the Halloween/scary movies (Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, Corpse Bride, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown) and pulled all the Halloween books from the shelf so we have a month of spooky reads. Yup, we're all set!
Alyssa's book post got me thinking about all the Halloween books we like to read around here. They've become even more special since we only read them this time of year. So I thought I'd share our faves and hopefully, you'll share yours because we're always looking for more! Plus, it's early enough in the month, that there's still time to check them out!
Big Pumpkin by Erica Silverman
This is probably my favorite one. The girls and I just read it tonight. It's about a witch who grows a pumpkin so large, she can't manage to pull it off the vine and she's got quite the hankering for pumpkin pie!
Lots of fun to read and cute repetition for the kiddos.
I give it 5 out of 5 pumpkins
Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
The story of a witch out for a nice leisurely flight. She meets some friends along the way, each one hoping that there's "room on the broom" so they can come too. Super fun rhyming tale (I love cute rhyming stories) and there's definitely room on the broom so don't miss out!
I give it 4.5 out of 5 pumpkins
In the Haunted House by Eve Bunting
Not a whole lot of story to this one, but the girls love it, so I have to include it in the list. Cute story about a little girl and her dad who venture into a haunted house, but who's the one who's really scared? Like I said, not the most fun to read, but the kids enjoy it.
I give it 3 out of 5 pumpkins
Another fun rhyming tale as the "midnight spooks" countdown to their Halloween party. Cute story with lots of different ghoulies and fun to say sound words like "clickety clack."
I give it 4 out of 5 pumpkins
Pirates Don't Change Diapers by Melinda Long
Technically not a Halloween book, but with the pirates, I'm sneaking it in here. I was reluctant to read this originally, but found out that it's a really cute story and it's made even better if you use your best piratey voice when you read it. Argh, matey, don't pass this one up!
I give it 5 out of 5 pumpkins
Happy spooktacular reading! :o)
Originally written for The Mama Dramalogues.
Posted Friday, October 01, 2010
Pop over to Etsy and leave a comment on this treasury and the many other great treasuries created by and featuring EtsyKids team members.
Posted Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Green Goat is an Etsy store that displays a fantastic collection of animal and nature inspired illustrations, all hand printed by talented Mary Cobb on organic cotton shirts and dresses. Mary is a loving mommy of two by day and talented artist, and screen printer by night. Her work shows her love for natural, simple things, and images of yesterday. Please make sure to visit her lovely store.
Posted Tuesday, September 28, 2010
You see, in our neighborhood highly populated by young families with kids, the perfect trick-or-treat bag is as essential as shoes. Comfortable reinforced handles, good depth but not too much so it drags on the ground, and needs to hold lots and lots of candy because you'll explore every inch of the neighborhood 'till the neighbors all run out!
EtsyKids team members are a great resource for unique handmade trick-or-treat bags. Just look at this whimsical collection ... they'd even work as gift bags and would be perfect for BOOing your neighbors.
Costume Halloween Tote TOT by SkippyDoodle
Customized Trick-or-Treat Bag by sewcutecreations
Jack-o-Lantern Tote by twozanyzebras
Candy Corn Trick-or-Treat Bag by pumpkinsboutique
Halloween Trick-or-Treat Bags by monkeytreecreations
Crocheted Lady Bug Tote by onceuponahook
Posted Monday, September 27, 2010
This is the year I finally have a kindergartner. She's almost as excited about it as I am. Almost. I'm pretty darned exited about it. Especially since her younger sister started preschool and I have 4 whole hours to myself each week! I know the mind boggles with what to do with all that "free time."
There have been a few hiccups with the new routines; the bus drops Peri off at 11:25 and Ryah's preschool is over at 11:30, so I've had to find work arounds for being in two places at once. Fortunately, I have great friends that help me out. But for the most part, things have been running smoothly and we've all adjusted. Imagine my surprise when I got a phone message the other day, from Peri's kindergarten teacher...
"Hi Holly, this is Amber X, Peri's teacher, and I just wanted you to know that Peri has been eating breakfast in the cafeteria in the mornings. I only just found out today and when I talked to her about it, she said it was her second breakfast and she was able to tell me what she'd already eaten at home. I thought "Oh no" and I'd better check with you about that. Sorry I didn't catch it sooner, but she's been charging her breakfasts. I'll send her account balance home with her next week."
I didn't know whether to laugh or groan. I mean, it's pretty funny that a 5-year-old can just walk in there, get breakfast and have it added to her non existent account. But I was also a little annoyed that I was footing the bill for such an obvious oversight on the school's part. After I called her teacher back, to let her know that Peri should not be eating at school and that I would pay the balance next week, I was baffled as to how that could even happen. I remember as a kid that you either had to pay cash for your school food or have a prepaid card from your parents, there was no "tab."
So, for the last two weeks, Peri has been running up a cafeteria bill, unbeknownst to me and her teachers. I know she did it because it was there and she saw other kids eating and thought it was okay. But I wonder how long it would have gone on? Maybe until her next well check up visit, when the nurse would inform me that Peri had managed to gain 15 lbs since her last visit and that it's a little excessive. Or those brand new school clothes start fitting a lot snugger than they should.
In any case, there is now such a thing as the Kindergarten 15 and you heard it here first. This will be one of those things I tease her about in the future and we'll just laugh it off, but for now, I have to go pay the bill. Then again, today is her birthday (Happy 6th Birthday Periwinkle!); perhaps we'll just write it off as a gift and not add it to her tab. :oP
Originally written for The Mama Dramalogues