What I Know For Sure....

Posted Saturday, May 09, 2009


For those of you who know me, you know that I have been selling children's clothing online for almost 10 years now. As you can imagine - I have learned quite a bit through trial and error over the years. One of the big things is you MUST set goals for yourself - even small ones - it gives you a feeling of accomplishment - pushing yourself towards realistic goals is a wonderful thing.

When you listen to most motivational speakers and 'perky' people everywhere (lol) they want to shy away from the word Failure - especially with children. Now, I am totally opposed to that word when used as a noun - because no one is a failure - you only fail when you stop trying and give up. Of course, I have given up on LOTS of things, because I simply wasn't interested in it anymore.Now, that being said - my philosophy with my kiddos (and they know this very well) is that you either do or you don't. You either got the A or you didn't. You did your chores or you didn't, and you reap the effects for either doing or not doing. It is very seldom that you earn a reward for 'almost' doing or 'trying' to do. So you CAN 'fail' at doing something. EX: I failed to complete my March goals on EtsyKids...this doesn't mean that I couldn't - it means I didn't. And it doesn't mean I can't, just that I didn't.

I said all that to say this (my all time favorite quote)
"Failure is just a way for our lives to show us we're moving in the wrong direction, that we should try something different."

I took this quote to heart a LONG time ago- after divorce number 1 (yikes). So with every situation- personal, business or emotional.

1. See/set the goal
2. Give it 100%
3. It works or it doesn't

If it works! WOOHOOO - keep chugging along!If it doesn't work - try a different approach or try something different - but whatever happens don't keep trying the same things when they are not working - Step back - assess and re-do until you get the result you were aiming for!

Stop by the EtsyKids Goals Forum and Start setting some goals for yourself!

3 comments:

Renee•Candy Stick Lane said...

I also want to wish all you moms a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! Sending tons of love and hugs your way! XO

myminimocs said...

happy mother's day to you too Renee` - great post! inspirational!!!

Shannon said...

Another excellent post...thanks so much for sharing your insight! Hope you had a nice Mother's Day! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...