OMG! There's a Banshee in my House!!!

Posted Monday, May 11, 2009


It's day 3 and I'm ready to gouge out my eardrums with a toothpick. Ryah is coming up on her 2nd birthday in a couple of months and she's supposed to be weaned from the bottle by then, so Jim and I decided it was time to get rid of them, give her the tab and cut her off. Yup, we made her go cold turkey. I never said we were nice but it's like a Bandaid right? Just rip it off quickly; no need to draw it out. But I guess if she has to suffer we all do. And my miserable banshee loves company.
It's gotten to the point that I can still here her even after she's stopped crying. Like a "phantom annoyer." And it's not just crying, oh no, it's a screaming/crying tantrum. Ugh.

The first night, it lasted for 3 hours straight. The second night only an hour. Tonight, about a half hour, so we are making progress. I think we're wearing her out, finally. Though it's not easy when childrens' cries were designed to annoy the Hell out of us so that we will eventually come to their aid. And I don't know if I should be offended or grateful that during her tantrums, Ryah is always asking for "Daddy" to come and save her. I guess she already knows who the sucker and the hard@$ are in this family. :oP

Originally Posted 2/16/09 here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...