Meet Etsy Seller Grizzly Bear Greetings

Posted Wednesday, May 29, 2013


Today we would like to introduce you to Abi
and their Etsy shop Grizzly Bear Greetings

Grizzly Bear Greetings has been selling on Etsy since August 2011, they offers a variety of cute animal greeting cards and nursery art. And can customize or personalize any of their products to suit your occasion. Today they are sharing a little about their shop and selling handmade items.

Bunny Rabbit Card - Tennis Cards - Blank Notecard Set (Set of 6) - GrizzlyBearGreetings Baby Nursery Art - Bears at the Carnival Children's Bedroom Art (8x10 Print) - GrizzlyBearGreetings 1st Birthday Card - Kids First Birthday Greeting Cards - Hippo - GrizzlyBearGreetings Hippo Cards - Pole Vault Blank Card (Set of 6) - GrizzlyBearGreetings

What motivated you to start your shop?
After a few years of creating kids' birthday cards and baby shower invitations for friends and family, I finally decided to take the plunge and open an Etsy shop.

What is the story behind your shop name?
When I'm not working on my Etsy shop, I run a web/graphic design firm named Brown Bear Creative. So when I started my shop in 2011, I wanted to keep a similar theme. I think bears make a great aesthetic. There's something about them that draws people in. But I also feature a lot of other animals in my artwork, such as rabbits, hippos, turtles, and dogs.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I've been surprised about which designs have become my bestsellers. Since I'm not always able to guess what will be a hit, I just try to draw things I'm interested in at that moment.  I put everything out there and see what sticks!

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Learning all about shipping has always been a challenge for me. Getting the packing materials just right, keeping up with the latest postal charges, and streamlining the packing process is something I'm always working on.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
My goal is to create fun, unique illustrations that make people smile. I gravitate towards scenes that connote a carefree childhood -- simple joys like laughing, playing, and exploring.

What do you do when you aren't working?
Since working usually involves sitting in front of a computer, when I'm not at work, I like to be outside. I enjoy gardening, running, and playing tennis.

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?

My two house rabbits are the inspiration behind my Little Bunnies series (cute brown rabbits who go biking, rowing, sledding, etc. together). While my pet rabbits don't engage in people sports, they are still very playful and mischievous, and they enjoy each other's company. I think those qualities come through in the illustrations.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/grizzlybeargreetings
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/grizzlybearart

Grizzly Bear Greetings is offering free shipping on all purchases over $25. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "ETSYKIDS" at checkout.
3rd Birthday Card - Kids Third Birthday Card - Bear - GrizzlyBearGreetings Gymnastics Baby Nursery Art - Fox Girls Bedroom Print - Sports Kids Wall Art (5x7) - GrizzlyBearGreetings Construction Boys Nursery - Aardvark in Bulldozer Kids Wall Art (8x10) - GrizzlyBearGreetings Animal Recipe Cards - Bear & Apple Pie Card Set - 4x6 (Set of 10) - GrizzlyBearGreetings

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...