Meet Etsy Seller Dolls And Daydreams

Posted Wednesday, May 08, 2013


Today we would like to introduce you to Sarah
and her Etsy shop Dolls And Daydreams

Dolls And Daydreams has been selling on Etsy since July 2010, she specializes in creating doll, softie, plushie and stuffed toy step-by-step pdf sewing patterns. All her patterns are easy to follow and will provide you with a high quality finished doll, perfect to sell or give as a gift. Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.

Small Doll Sewing Pattern PDF Pocket Size Cute Stuffed Fabric Cloth Dolly Tutorial Little Sister - DollsAndDaydreams Lion Sewing Pattern PDF Softie DIY Toy Tutorial King Jungle - DollsAndDaydreams Superhero Sewing Pattern PDF - Removable Doll Glasses, reversible Mask, Cape, Belt included, Plus Glasses, Mask will fit your children too - DollsAndDaydreams Owl PDF Sewing Pattern Softie Stuffed Toy - DollsAndDaydreams

What motivated you to start your shop?
My life took an interesting turn after I organized a charity doll drive for the children of Haiti. I designed and offered an easy free doll pattern and the response was amazing. We collected over 500 dolls for the children and have since continued to collect, make & send out 1000’s to children in need all over the world. Through this wonderful work I received so many kind comments and requests for more designs and patterns and thus Dolls And Daydreams was born.

What is the story behind your shop name?
As a child I was taught that you can be whatever you dreamed to be. I spend most of my days daydreaming about doll designs and create patterns that allow other people to make their dream dolls no matter their skill level.  Hence, Dolls And Daydreams.  I hope that everyone's daydreams .. big ... or small come true!

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Staying up to date with site changes.  I was honored to be invited to test some new features for Etsy and since then my shop just gets thrown into the mix with all new tests!  Sometimes I log in and the layout has been changed with no warning hahahaha  It makes life interesting to say the least!

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I create easy step-by-step photo tutorial PDF Sewing Patterns that allow others to make their dream dolls and softies no matter their skill level.
My patterns create quality products for kiddie winks to enjoy, something that reflected a child’s uniqueness that the maker can pour love into whilst creating them.
I also support Handmade Cottage industries whole heartedly!

What do you do when you aren't working?
Living life to the fullest in Arizona with my lovely hubby and 2 little kiddies (2 and 4 years old).  We love to all garden together on sunny days, teaching the kids to swimming and when it get's really hot .... arts and crafts!
When I get a bit of Mummy time, I love to paint and watch foreign movies :) .... and I do love Antique stores also but shhhhh I've been banned ... ... who new vinatage table lamps could be sooooo addictive?! hahahaha

Dolls and Daydreams is also currently doing a giveaway to celebrate her latest Cinderella Princess Sewing Pattern release. Visit her blog to enter.

Red Riding Hood and Wolf Softie Sewing Pattern e Book PDF - DollsAndDaydreams Mermaid Doll PDF Sewing Pattern Softie Instant Download - DollsAndDaydreams Wizard of Oz Sewing Pattern PDF Play Set e book - Dorothy Doll Toto Dog Softie & Wicked Witch of West  Stuff Toys - Set 1 - DollsAndDaydreams Snow White Sewing Pattern PDF Princess Doll Tutorial DIY - reversible Capelet, shoes and felt apple patterns included - DollsAndDaydreams

2 comments:

Erica said...

LOVE Dolls and Daydreams!

Unknown said...

I love all Sarah's patterns! I have too many to count. I sell them, I make them for my own kids and I give them away as presents. Everyone loves them! Thank you Sarah at Dolls and Daydreams!

Joi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...