Upcycled Holiday Tags Made with Gift Bags and Tissue Paper

Posted Monday, November 24, 2014



Even holiday season I try to do at least one homemade project that adds a fun DIY touch to my gift giving. This year I came across an easy upcycled craft using items from my home.  I saw this project as I was leafing through GreenCraft Magazine . With a little color and design modification it was personalized to my taste.  You could even get your children involved in this project. Older children can help cut and write on the tags and they could glue the tissue on the brown bags instead of sewing them.


What you'll Need:
  • several old gift bags
  • saved tissue paper
  • sewing machine
  • thread
  • scissor

What you need to do:

  • cut rectangles out of the top part of the bag where to handles are attached leaving part of the handle in tact ( I used funky scissors but you can use regular ones as well)
  • cut rectangles out of the tissue paper. You can use festive colors or keep it neutral.
  • sew the tissue paper onto the brown paper bag rectangle with your sewing machine.  If you have fun stitches you can use those.
  • write your message on the tags and attach them to your gifts with a ribbon.



Dorinda's shop, Raising Green Kids, offers natural and eco-friendly products for your household. Follow her on Facebook and twitter and her blog.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...