Meet Etsy Seller Sunshine Knit And Sew

Posted Wednesday, August 07, 2013


Today we would like to introduce you to Sunshine
and her Etsy shop Sunshineknitandsew

Sunshineknitandsew has been selling on Etsy since April 2012, she makes fun and characterful crochet hats and accessories. Today they are sharing a little about their shop and selling handmade items.

OOAK Crocheted Plush Sunshine - sunshineknitandsew Baby Cotton Strap Sandals Summer Fashion Baby Photo Props Baby Shower Gift - sunshineknitandsew Handmade Crocheted Superman Hat Photography Prop, Costume, Kids Superhero Hat - sunshineknitandsew Monster Baby Hat with Matching Booties Photo Prop Costume Baby Shower Gift READY TO SHIP - sunshineknitandsew

What motivated you to start your shop?
I have dabbled with knitting and crochet for the last 10 years. I really enjoyed making things for my family and friends. I started making so much I decided to open a separate shop for just my knits.

What is the story behind your shop name?
It is just my name and what I do in this shop :-)

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I enjoy the character hats I create. I don't work from a pattern and I have yet to write one down when I do it. I just make the base (the hat itself) and then start putting the face together. Some are characters we know...Elmo, Grover, Hello Kitty...while others are made up of my imagination.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Keeping up with everything is what I find most challenging. The pictures, the description and trying to post something everyday. It seems really hard for me to keep up with, although I do think I am getting better.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I want everyone to fall in love with what I create for them. I try to go above and beyond for each of my customers. I really want them, or the ones they bought them for, to love wearing what I made. 

How would someone (other then you) describe you?
Probably crazy. Although, that's how I would describe myself too :-) I work all the time...if I'm sitting down my hands are busy. But they would also probably say - hard-working, patient...my husband calls me a machine.

What do you do when you aren't working?
I'm a mom of two young children - so I'm always working :-) I am fortunate enough to be able to stay home with the kids and work out of my studio in the house. But I also enjoy swimming and dancing with the kids and just trying to be in the moment. 

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
I also have another Etsy shop - http://www.etsy.com/shop/sunshinetextiles
Here I create items from polymer clay. I use a lot of my handmade buttons on my knitted items. I also make jewellery.

Football Baby Hats made in the College or NFL colors of your choice Photography Prop Baby Shower Gift - sunshineknitandsew Sesame Street Baby Hats Photography Props Costume Zoe, Grover and Abby Cadabby - sunshineknitandsew Sesame Street Baby Hats Photography Props Costume Big Bird, Elmo, Oscar the Grouch, Cookie Monster - sunshineknitandsew Breast Cancer Awareness Month... Boobie hat for breastfeeding moms and breast cancer awareness - sunshineknitandsew

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What beautiful bright items for kids. Love them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...