Introducing Royal Baby Youngblood

Posted Thursday, February 23, 2012

Today We Introduce You to Anissa from Royal Baby Youngblood



Q: what motivated you to start your shop?
I have always been pretty creative by spending my free time knitting and sewing. A few years ago I knitted a bunch of baby hats for a friend of mine, who is a photographer, and she suggested that I sell them on ETSY.

Q: what is the story behind your shop name?
I always thought of my two daughters as princesses and I apply this idea that everyone’s precious child is Royalty (hence Royal Baby Youngblood). Youngblood is our family name so it fits right into the theme.

Q: do you have a favorite Etsy Shop (non-child related)?
I really enjoy the whimsical fabric prints of SherriFairy. http://www.etsy.com/shop/sherrifairy?ref=seller_info

Q: what surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I had a little bit of apprehension and doubt about selling on-line. I wondered if people would love and buy my products and thankfully I have been able to sell.

Q: what do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Keeping enough items stocked and finding time to balance designing and producing.

Q: what's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
My philosophy is to create fun and colorful items for children that are of heirloom quality. It’s traditional to buy pastels baby items, but I think the right bold color combinations and softer textures are more important.

Q: how would someone (other then you) describe you?
I think people see me as a creative busy body.

Q: what music do you have on while you are creating?
I like to listen to Jazz and Gospel music, but I mostly have the Food Channel on while I’m working. I guess that’s my other creative side.

Q: what do you do when you aren't working?
I am usually napping when I’m not working, because I push myself to exhaustion by crafting until the wee hours of the morning.

Q: anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
I love to share what I create. I think it’s an expression of love.

1 comment:

Nanci said...

Your work is awesome!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...