Natural DIY Weed Killer- Round-Up

Posted Monday, August 25, 2014

This Natural Round Up recipe has been all over the internet so I had to try it.  Not only is Round Up expensive but it also has plenty of chemicals in it that I would rather not spray on our lawn that our children and pets play on.  The recipe is easy and uses common household ingredients. Even though I had heard it worked really well I had to see it for myself and I was surprised at how quickly it worked.  

Natural Round Up will kill everything (including grass) so do not spray it on areas with desirable plants or grass.

Recipe and directions:
1 gallon white vinegar
2 cups epson salt ( other recipes called for plain salt so I think you can use either)
1/4 dish soap
empty sprayer
just mix and spray, let it sit a couple of hours( preferably in the sun)
By the end of the day the weeds should be dead-gone!


The left picture is of a weed before I sprayed it and the right picture is a day after I sprayed it!

Dorinda's shop, Raising Green Kids, offers eco-friendly products for your family. Follow her on Facebook and twitter and at her blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've used regular old salt and had some great results. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...