Meet Etsy Seller Littlelilybamboo

Posted Wednesday, August 27, 2014


Littlelilybamboo has been selling on Etsy since June 2009, they sell organic bamboo baby towels and wipes! Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

Organic Bamboo Bandana Drool Bib, Matryoshka DollsOrganic Bamboo Swaddling Blanket, Extra Large, CharcoalOrganic Baby Bamboo Hooded Towel: Teal ElephantsOrganic Bamboo Hooded Bath Towel: Elephants, Toddler Size

What motivated you to start your shop?
It first started when a friend of mine expressed her disappointment at the lack of quality of baby washcloths. I had been looking to start some sort of hobby, so I started looking into it. When I found bamboo fabric online, I knew I had to try it, so ordered a yard and experimented. It just grew from there!

What is the story behind your shop name?
I had been trying to think of a cute name for it, and was coming up blank. One day I was talking to our second daughter Tegan and called her by her nickname, Little Lily (lily is her middle name). As soon as I said it, I knew I had my business name!

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I was surprised at just how much work one could put into it! I knew it would be lots of work, but between editing photos, perfecting SEO, and writing the perfect descriptions...I'm still miles away from where I want my shop to be! I really do love working on it though...almost as much as I love sewing the products!

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I've always loved making my towels. I love the creative freedom I have with them, and picking fabrics is always fun!
I just started making cuddle blankets though, and I have to say, I'm falling in love with them quickly!

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
I'm usually pretty competitive with just myself, but I find that on etsy I find it hard not play the comparing game. There are so many great shops out there and sometimes I find that instead of being inspired by them I start to feel discouraged that I'll "never have a shop that nice/successful" (although I know I can build a shop and business that fits me perfectly).

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I have a passion for babies in general. I know how nervous I was as a new mom, especially when it came to bathing and calming my baby. I wanted to create a business that provides products to help moms with those things. I'm in the process of adding tutorial to my blog for bathing a newborn, swaddling, etc. My current motto is "we make bath time cozy!"

What do you do when you aren't working?
My husband and I have five daughters, and I'm a stay at home mom. We live out in the country, and when we are not doing chores at home, the girls and I love to get together with friends who live near us. We seem to keep ourselves pretty busy!

Littlelilybamboo is offering a 15% discount in her shop. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "ETSYKIDS15" at checkout. Valid until September 3rd 2014.
Bamboo Hooded Baby Towel: Charcoal DinosBamboo Cloth Wipes, 10 WhiteOrganic Baby Blanket, Bamboo and Organic Cotton, Polka Dots, extra largeOrganic Bamboo Bandana Drool Bib, Blue Trains
Treasury Tool Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...