Meet Etsy Seller Whimsy Wendy

Posted Wednesday, October 02, 2013



Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop Whimsy Wendy

Whimsy Wendy has been selling on Etsy since March 2007, she sell party decor, room decor, tutus and dress up products, made to last...her quality is in her stitching. Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.

CHOOSE YOUR COLOR Newborn Baby Girl Tutu by Whimsy Wendy - whimsywendy Pink Ballerina Princess Party Pack of 16 Wee Whimsy Wishing Wands, - whimsywendy Pink Pretty As A Princess Costume Tutu Set with Hat and Wand - whimsywendy Fuschia Pink and Light Pink Whimsy Wishing Wand - whimsywendy

What motivated you to start your shop?
After having children, I had this incredible creative itch I just couldn't scratch. I waiting until both my girls headed off to all-day school, then began fooling around on the sewing machine. A good friend had read an article about Etsy and urged me to start up a shop. That was 2007.

What is the story behind your shop name?
My husband and I were trying to come up with a 'sticky' name and I kept putting "Wendy" first. He suggested turning it around. It's a tongue twister but its stuck.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
When I first got started I think I was so surprised that people from around the country and the world wanted to buy things that I made with my hands. It's humbling and gratifying at the same time.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I think my most favorite creations I make are my tulle puffs. They're perfect for parties or room decor. They are an easy 'pop' of color and can be made in any color combination you can think of. They were originally created out of my leftover tutu yardage and have been hugely popular. They were even highlighted in Brides Magazine last Spring.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
The most challenging thing about being a Etsy seller has ben that for the rare occasion I have had to shut down my shop, it's taken a lot longer to get my 'mo jo' going again. There is something of a rhythm or pattern to listing and sales and when you shut down your store for a period of time, it takes a lot more effort to start the wheel turning again.

How would someone (other then you) describe you?
I think most of my friends and family would describe me as positive, fun, creative and energetic. I love good energy and always try to surround myself with good people, beautiful colors and pretty things. It really helps to feed my soul.

What do you do when you aren't working?
When I'm not working, I'm 'parenting' my two teenaged girls. They are great kids and have probably taught me more about myself than I've taught them. My husband and I also love to travel. We're saving up for our next (cross your fingers) trip to Italy.

Lemondae Yellow Tutu with Sunny Yellow Satin Trim and Roses - whimsywendy Whimsy Wendy Three Party Puffs in Your Color Choosing - whimsywendy Set of 6 Whimsy Wendy Sewn BIRTHDAY Cupcake Wands with Trailing Ribbons - whimsywendy Red Ladybug LOVE BUG Tutu - whimsywendy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...