Today we introduce you to Stacey of Peppermint Pinwheels
- what motivated you to start your shop?
I have a terrible addiction to fabric and needed a way to support it!
- what is the story behind your shop name?
I'm not really sure how I came up with it, except that I do love the flavor of peppermint - candy, tea, mints. I'll even just sit around chewing on the leaves. Mmmm...that's making me think of mojitos! Whoops, off the subject there a little. But anyway, pinwheel blocks are one of my favorite traditional quilting patterns, and since I started off with only quilts in my shop, Peppermint Pinwheels it was.
- do you have a favorite Etsy Shop (non-child related)?
There are really so many wonderful shops on Etsy, but one of my favorites is Papaver Vert. She makes these wonderful felted objects, of which I have a growing collection around the house!
- what surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
How busy it would keep me. I get a bit obsessed with it and it's hard to step away and do the other things in life, like cook dinner and hang out with my family and friends.
- what do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Again, it's the same as what I found most surprising - the amount of time it takes. It's really hard for me to just walk away from my work, but since I have a whole life other than "Etsy seller," that's often what I have to do.
- what's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
Colorful, fun and modern with a bit of vintage/traditional thrown in.
- how would someone (other then you) describe you?
Hmmm...I'd be afraid to ask.
- what music do you have on while you are creating?
I love to listen to Pandora while I work. I shuffle a bunch of stations from hip hop to 80's Brit-rock and 60's soul. It makes for a nice variation!
- what do you do when you aren't working?
I feel like I'm either working, or driving around town running errands, but that's probably not entirely true. Sometimes I get to hang out in the bath-tub with a good book!