Meet Etsy Seller Re-nest Studio

Posted Wednesday, March 25, 2015


Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop Re-nest Studio

Re-nest Studio has been selling on Etsy since July 2012, they sell beautiful  yet simple collection of customized and unique home decor for childrens' spaces and parents' places! Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

you are my sunshine canvas wall artvery hungry caterpillar birthday high chair banner/photo propthe script stripe monogram canvasthe circle chevron framed monogram

What motivated you to start your shop?
Ever since I can remember, I've been artistic and crafty...which all began at a young age, spending summers with my grandparents. My grandmother taught me from an early age to create, and this always stuck with me. After moving into our home in 2008, and being met with the challenge of decorating a new space, I looked and looked for the style and feel of decor I wanted to add to my home, and just wasn't finding it...so I decided to make it! This evolved into a huge focus on children's decor after the birth of my first son in 2009, and after having a small collection of pieces to offer, I opened re-nest studio in July 2012!

What is the story behind your shop name?
Professionally, my background is in marketing and advertising, so when it came to starting my Etsy shop, I put a heavy emphasis on the name because I knew it would ultimately be my brand.
I've always believed that a home is a sanctuary - a nest - it's the place where your family gathers, there's warmth, closeness, and comfort there. These were the feelings I wanted to express through my name. The term ""re-nest"" comes from the idea that your home decor should also feel flexible - that pieces can be used in various areas of the home, and you shouldn't feel locked in to keeping one piece of decor in the same place for as long as you own it.
I am fortunate enough to have a very generous brother-in-law (who also happens to be in the advertising world!).

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
This would be a two-way tie for me! I absolutely love when an order comes through for my special dates wall art. This was actually born out of the need for an anniversary present for my husband one year, and I love that my fans will share with me the special dates that mean so much to their family, in the same spirit that I created this piece.
My other very favorite piece is my special delivery canvas wall art, which just means that there has been a new baby come into the world. I am always so honored to be asked to have one of my pieces be a part of such a special place in the home, and to be able to create a true keepsake for parents with the baby's name, birthday, time of birth, height and weight, is such a special, special opportunity!

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
The element I find most challenging about being an Etsy seller is finding the sweet spot for pricing my pieces, and really communicating that my pieces are truly handmade to order - on canvas with acrylic and paper art. This has become a bit more challenging with the number of printables sellers that have come into the market, where a similar size and theme of piece can be purchased for a lower cost.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I love personalization. I'm all about it, and that's truly what my pieces are about - whether it's adding a baby's name, or someone's monogram, or even just matching colors and patterns within a home, I think having something that is truly personalized to you and your family is such a gift. And, I love being able to provide that kind of service and creativity!

What do you do when you aren't working?
When am I not working?!? Outside of re-nest studio, I do work full-time outside of the home as a marketing and communications manager, and I am an active volunteer for my oldest son's school and for Big Brothers Big Sisters of DeKalb County. But, when I truly am not working, I'm with my husband and our two young boys. We love just being together - whether it's spending time outdoors in the spring/summertime, or having movie/picnic nights on our family room floor, it's just about being together.

customized paper art baby/nursery mobilesometimes being a sister is even better than being a princess custom canvas wall arthome is where mom is custom canvas wall artit takes a big heart to help shape little minds teacher paper art frameable
Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...