Meet Etsy Seller Design Girl Studio

Posted Wednesday, January 28, 2015


Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop Design Girl Studio

Design Girl Studio has been selling on Etsy since June 2009, they sell custom party decorations & invites for any occasion. Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

Mustache Valentine's Day Tags / Mustache Gift Tag / Striped gift tag /  Set of 12 Tags, 12 Stickers or PDF FileSchool bus Themed Cupcake Picks - You Choose The ColorsWagon Themed Birth to 12 months Circles- You choose the colorsMagic Theme Cupcake Picks- You Choose The Colors

What motivated you to start your shop?
After working in corporate America for 10 years, I felt my creativity wasn’t being used to the fullest.  It did pay the bills, but I was miserable.  I have always had a passion for design and needed an outlet to showcase that.  In 2009 I took a leap of faith and started design girl studio. The rest is history.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
How much fun I have every single day.  It's amazing how your life changes when you love what you do for a living!  I've also been surprised by the number of friendships I have gained through the years.  So many families have worked with me from the very beginning and I have become a part of their home.  These friendships make working a home so much more fun.  It's like having co-workers but you can stay in your PJ's all day!

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
That's a tough one.  Our vintage cowboy baby shower banner is probably my favorite design right now.  Or maybe our chevron ladybug theme.  I love them all so I'll stop there.  :)

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Being a work at home mom.  It really is a dream come true but is a struggle finding the right balance.  We have a schedule that we work to follow on a daily basis but my days never seem to go as planned.  I think it will probably always be a struggle that I deal with.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
Our goal is to make your celebration planning a breeze and make you look like a natural party planner.

What do you do when you aren't working?
We live on a farm so there are always lots of chores to do!  And spending time with the family.  My resolution last year was that at 5:00 pm every night I would walk away from my office until my daughter was in bed.  I am a workaholic so some days this is a struggle but it has allowed us so much more family time.

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
A little bit about me. I studied Interior Design at Oklahoma University.  After working in corporate America for 10 years, I felt my creativity wasn’t being used to the fullest.  It did pay the bills, but I was miserable.  I have always had a passion for design and needed an outlet to showcase that.  In 2009 I took a leap of faith and started design girl studio. The rest is history.
I am married to my best friend. I am the mom to a baby girl who is quickly becoming a toddler, 2 step children (age 21 and 25) and 1 granddaughter.  That’s right I’m a new mom and Grandmom.  Life is never dull around here!
After living all over the United States I now call Kansas home.  That big white barn you see behind most of our pictures is in the field across the street from my studio window.  It’s close to 100 years old and was the main dairy barn for my husband’s family farm at one point in its life.  That’s right I said field.  We live in no-where land Kansas, right in the middle of farm fields.
Miss Jessica is the other part of our team.  For the last three years she has worked tirelessly with me.  A new KU graduate, with an eye for details! She works from home most days and in the studio 3-4 days a week.  She is involved in just about every aspect of our products.
This year we are celebrating our 7th year of creating party decorations on Etsy and serving over 20,000 customers.  We are so thankful so many customers have trusted us with their decoration needs!

Design Girl Studio is offering a 15% discount in her shop on orders over $25. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "ETSYKIDS" at checkout. Valid until February 28th 2015.

Sugar Skull Theme Happy Birthday Banner - You choose the colorsMonkey Theme Table Top Centerpiece Sign - You Choose The ColorsPool Theme Happy Birthday Bunting Banner - You Choose The ColorsAmericana Themed Embellished Birthday Invitation - You choose the colors
Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...