Meet Etsy Seller Dgmart

Posted Wednesday, March 05, 2014



Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop dgmart

dgmart has been selling on Etsy since September 2010. At the DGM-ART shop you can find everything for your colorful interior. Dgm-art loves creating decorations, curtains, blinds and pictures especially for kids and teenagers. Today they are sharing a little about their shop and selling handmade items.

Curtain for fearless - Pirates CURTAIN for KIDS ROOM - dgmart Drawing/Print Courtyard with Domestic Animals - dgmart Summer Princess - dgmart Curtain for Kids - Giraffes - dgmart

What motivated you to start your shop?
My kids and my passion for creating things.
I am a painter, lover of colours and designing things. I started with oil and water-colour painting. Than I discovered silk and started to paint on silk - I have another shop, much more older then this one, on Etsy, dedicated to silk painting. There are scarves, but the main attention I pay on silk hand painted curtains. And because those curtains are very special and not for everyone, I wanted something more useful - for children room. But I must confess, that without my mum it wouldn't work. She is a great person, professional and she can sew very well. We are two and we support each other in good times and also in bad times.

What is the story behind your shop name?
My name is Dagmar and I like the shortcut dgm, and because I love art and I am doing art, I have it like: dgm-art. But on Etsy it is just "dgmart".
I was grown in the South Moravia - it is a part of the Czech republic, and there was great  opportunity to create things, draw and paint. I was attending the Secondary school of applied arts, especially the Department of painting, and that focused my attention to colours, decorations, patterns etc. And life went on, I moved to Prague - the capital of my country, I went to the University, met my husband and had two children. I was looking for a better job than I had since my maternity leave begun. I taught Art older pupils, but more I wanted to make my own art. And than I started with my great mum create, design and draw curtains from canvas.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
The hard work in managing things. I have lot of troubles with marketing. I want more audience, but sometimes I don't know how to make it. I am still studying the Etsy Sellers Handbook, reading discussions and forums (I finally created a team!). Well I need to find my customers.
And when some customer comes, it is very cool! I like to cooperate with customers. I have to because each blind or curtain is sewn for somebody's room, needs special measurement, hanging option etc. And our customers are very patient, I love them and their ideas.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
Oh, I like everything, but especially sewn things. For example Giraffes and the City is great from the curtain section, The Blue eyed Girl from the blind section.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/56995718/color-blind-for-girls-blue-eyed-girl
https://www.etsy.com/listing/56740248/curtain-for-kids-giraffes

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Improve my business. Make it worthy.
I dream about being freelance designer, but I am still searching know-how of online marketing.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
We want to create no commercial products. We are no claiming to be millionaires, we want to stay humble and do really good and artistic curtains for children and their parents. We want to sell useful things.  I do not want to make things just for money, do not desire be another IKEA corporation.  Important is what children think about our decorations, we hope they are feeling well surrounded by our art.

What do you do when you aren't working?
I am drawing the lace patterns in these days - for the next silk curtains.  I am the painter, so I am trying to make other things (you can see my art here: www.etsy.com/people/dagamara). I am also a teacher, so I teach students the art of drawing and painting.
And of course I am a mum of 9 years old twins, so you can imagine my life, it is quite busy :-)

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
 I heard good tips from Henry Rollins – the American singer. Tips about how to reach what you want to do or who you want to be. These tips are: application, discipline, focus and repetition.

Happy Balloon - dgmart The CITY - CURTAIN for Kids and teenagers - dgmart Curtains for Kids - Tree of Birds - dgmart Drawing/Print the Knight with Sword - dgmart

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...