** We like to find books on the crafts we are making to turn it into a mini lesson or just some fun reading time so we got out our penguin books after we made the craft.
What you'll need:
- potatoes- 2 different size pieces. One for the larger black body and one for the white belly.
- non toxic paint-white,orange, and black
- googly eyes, one per penguin
- brown paper bag cut up into squares
- Dip the larger potato piece into the black paint and stamp onto brown paper
- take the smaller piece of potato and dip in the white paint, stamp over the black paint onto the body.
- use a finger to dip into the orange paint and create a beak and the feet.
- glue on a googly eye after the paint is dry
My daughter had so much fun with this project that she decided she wanted to make a whole "penguin family" on another sheet of paper which is what she is doing above.
Dorinda's shop, Raising Green Kids, offers eco-friendly products for your family. Follow her on Facebook and twitter and at her blog.