Hope you are enjoying some pancakes for dessert tonight. Why not try a new recipe for super fluffy pancakes?
Ingredients: (makes about 30 small pancakes)
280g Self-raising flour
50g Caster sugar
Pinch of bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
- Mix the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a big bowl.
- Mix the eggs and milk together in a separate bowl.
- Make a well in the flour mix and add 1/3 of the milk mix. Mix it all up and keep adding more of the milk mix slowly so you don't get any nasty lumps!
- Once it is all mixed together you can decide if you want to add extras (like raisins, lemon juice & zest, blueberries etc)
- Dip a kitchen towel into some oil and wipe the bottom of a frying pan with it. You really need very little oil for these pancakes! I oil the pan once at the start only, no need to do it more.
- Heat the frying pan over the lowest heat on your stove. Using a dessert spoon, spoon 3 lots of pancake mix into the frying pan to make 3 small separate pancakes (you may be able to fit 4 in at once if you have a large frying pan).
- Leave the mix alone (really don't touch it!) When the tops of your pancakes are all covered in bubbles (usually 2-3 mins), carefully flip your pancake.
- Leave for another minute or so. To test if they are done try nudging them gently with your spoon, if they move freely they are done, else give them a bit more time.
- Dress with chocolate sauce or maple syrup and enjoy!!
Thank you Stephanie from Toastie Studio for sharing this yummy recipe, we hope you enjoy your pancakes!!