Meet Etsy Seller CwtchBugs

Posted Thursday, December 20, 2012

Today we would like to introduce you to Laura and Kim
and their Etsy shop CwtchBugs

CwtchBugs has been selling on Etsy since May 2011, they sell a beautiful range of handmade items bursting with cuteness for the modern baby. From organic bamboo bandana bibs, organic jersey accessories, natural teethers, newborn photo props and cuddly comforters. Today they are sharing a little about their shop and selling handmade items.

Minky Baby Comforter/Lo...
£7.50

Natural Wooden Teethin...
£8.00

Organic - 'Robot Factor...
£7.00

Minky Baby Comforter / S...
£7.50

What motivated you to start your shop? 

I started making bandana bibs and blankets when our friends started having babies as I wanted to give a gift that was different to what was available on the high-street & thought a handmade gift was so much more personal. When the gifts were well received a friend told me about Etsy and it sounded great so I opened a shop in May 2011. I think I just fell in love with the idea of handmade items being lovingly made and people choosing our products to give as gifts at a very special time in someone's life.

What is the story behind your shop name?
I really wanted to have the word 'cwtch' in our name  as i wanted it to represent where we make our products and  it's a word I use on a daily basis!  I love the word as it means an affectionate hug or cuddle and that's what I wanted my products to be, a security for babies. As for why I chose bugs to go with it I'm not sure, I think it was the thought of it translating to hug bugs!

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
What's surprised me the most has to be how I fall in love with sewing more every day! There is always so much to learn and I'm always trying out new stitches and new designs! I love coming up with new patterns and learning new techniques! It still doesn't feel like anything other than a hobby to me and I'm sure that will never change!

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
We work hard to ensure every product made and sent out is completed to a very high standard and made with love.  We want our products to be loved, to last & be used time and time again!
We love organic materials and use 100% cotton on nearly all of our products and like the thought of our products sending out a Cwtch to all that receive them. :)

How would someone (other then you) describe you?
A dreamer someone who doesn't really live in this world! I always try for the Unachievable and never have a back up plan! I think they would also say I talk too much!

What do you do when you aren't working?
When I'm not working I'm drinking lots of Starbucks, catching up with friends, walking my puppy and spending time with my handsome husband! I also try and keep fit but my gym membership keeps gathering dust! :)


Natural Wooden Teethin...
£8.00

CHOOSE Any 3 ORGANI ...
£22.50

Baby Swaddling Blanket -...
£25.00

Hand Crocheted Newborn...
£12.50

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...