Meet Tenderblue!

Posted Thursday, September 22, 2011

Today we introduce you to EtsyKids Team Member Susana of tenderblue


  • what motivated you to start your shop?

I want to show the world my creations and when I discovered Etsy I thought it was the best way to do so.


  • what is the story behind your shop name?

I love blue and I work with tenderness.


  • do you have a favorite Etsy Shop (non-child related)?

I love many shops on Etsy, some of them are anapinatellier, Susana Tavares, Tamar, Carambatak, Kraplap and many others.


  • what surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?

The Etsy community and the users relationships.


  • what do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?

To capture people’s attention to my work.


  • what's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?

Create modern baby clothes without loosing the traditional methods of manufacturing them.


  • how would someone (other then yourself) describe you?

Calm, sensible, patient, a little bit shy but friendly and tender.


  • what music do you have on while you are creating?

I love Diana Krall, Norah Jones, Katie Melua, Eddie Vedder. In general relaxing music.


  • what do you do when you aren't working?

I'm a dedicated mother.


  • please tell us a little about the children's items market / handmade movement in your Country?

In Portugal, the handmade products, mostly those for children, aren't valued that much, other then by a small group of people.


  • anything else you'd like to tell us or share?

I'd like to say that discovering Etsy was very important for me.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...