Potty Training with Dr. Seuss!

Posted Thursday, March 03, 2011

We're potty training our caboose. My fifth and final go at potty training. It's bittersweet.

My husband and I marvel at how different the potty training experience has been for each of our children. Same parents, same basic approach with small modifications tailored to each child's needs. And just like her siblings, this one has taken to potty training in away that is totally unique to her. Fascinating really.

Same basic approach ... lots of books in the bathroom to read to help relax the child and make sitting and waiting more interesting. Her book of choice, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, by Dr. Seuss.

Individualized modification for child #5 ... #5 can listen to, and turn the pages of the digital One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish on my Droid while she patiently waits on the potty. Fabulous on days when she's not wanting to stop and sit and wait.

I have a couple of Dr. Seuss books on my phone now [thanks to well placed ads in a favorite game of my 4 year-old] and I gotta say I'm loving them [and am less annoyed that my 4 year-old spent my $10 on digital books]. They are interactive, hold my kids attention, and aren't a game. If your a Seuss fan, and looking for fun, interactive, totally kid friendly (love that this is interesting and entertaining for the two year-old, four year-old, and seven year-old) stuff for your phone that is also a bit educational, consider check it out the collection of Seuss books at oceanhousemedia.

What is your child's favorite Dr. Seuss book or character?

Check out these whimsical Seuss inspired accessories and adorable clothes made with Robert Kaufman's Dr. Seuss fabric line by EtsyKids team members.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...