Posted Monday, February 28, 2011
Congratulations to the winner of this month's challenge 43. Waldorf Inspired Doll 16in (Ellie) by fabricblooms!
"Ellie is a fair skinned, green eyed beauty. She is a handmade 16in Waldorf inspired doll made from top quality natural materials. Her hair is gorgeous and soft with various styling options. Her dress is made from top quality cotton fabric and fully lined with a snap closure in the back. Her eyes and mouth are hand sewn. Ellie’s Mary Jane style shoes are made from red wool felt and have a coordinating snap closure. "
Make sure to visit Fabric Blooms where you'll find a bunch of fun, functional and eco-friendly items such as reusable snack bags, hair clip caddies, reusable napkins and more, all made from great selection of colorful textiles. This entire collection is handmade with care by a talented stay at home mom, Courtney. She also welcomes custom orders, giving you an option to choose from her large selection of fabric, to create that special something just for you.
Posted Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Picture provided by Baby Chick Designs
Spring is here or at least it is here in my area of Coastal Texas. The sun is shining, birds are singing and flowers have begun blooming. This also means that the spring season of craft shows will begin shortly. Craft shows can be a blast for both vendors/artists and customers. Vendors get to get out and meet people in person, get immediate feedback, and make new friends with the other vendors/artists. Customers get to find things they would of never thought of looking for.
I personally enjoy the interaction with the customers, selling online is a great fun and I enjoy every minute of it, but sometimes I miss the personalities I meet when I am out in the real world. And sometimes the fresh air is a great relief from all those cotton balls and dust bunnies that sometimes accumulate in my work space.
So I thought it would be great fun to take a small breather from internet life and discuss what we love about craft shows. Vendors/artists what do you enjoy about craft shows? Customers, or those of us that get to be customers from time to time, what do you enjoy about craft shows? And what is the craziest thing you ever saw at a show?
Lets have some fun with this.
Posted Monday, February 21, 2011
(If you can't view the voting poll above, please follow HERE to vote.)
1. Bumble Bee Baby Set by BurryBabies
2. Cotton knit tiger hat - medium size - toddler size by thecrazyelephant
3. Limited Edition Children's Room Giclee - What's Up Giraffe by BillieTK
4. Playful Monkeys Pillowcase Dress by Grannyzann
5. Jungle Baby Diaper cake by diaperdesignsbykim
6. Cuddle with the Zebras Blanket by AuntE
7. Spotto the Cuddle Monster by LilBitSassy
8.Green Jungle Love Peasant Dress size 5/6 in stock by sweetchildofmine7
9. frolicsome friends bundle - 4 pc set for 20 by lemondropbay
10. JUNGLE Love Zebra Monkey Giraffe ZOO Animals Boutique Custom Pillowcase Dress by lilsweetieboutique
11. Personalized High Heel Shoe Applique Shirt - Girl - Birthday - Custom - Leopard Print with Grafton Pink by SugarPlumFairyBows
12. 3pc SET -- Citron Giraffe Garden Blanket, Pacifier Bib and Burp Cloth by notybaby
13. Zebra Themed Happy Birthday Banner Hot Pink and Black by designgirl16
14. At the Zoo: Children's Classic Neck Tie by PetalPetal
15. ECO FRIENDLY Baby-safe Crocheted ORGANIC Colorgrown Cotton Baby Rattle--Mr. Monkey FREE SHIPPING (US and Canada) by locoMOmomma
16. Security Blanket - Giraffe Designer Cotton Print with Ivory Heart Minky by SnazzySnugglies
17. The Zoo REVERSIBLE Everyday Bib by Amy Rose Designs (c) by AmyRoseDesigns
18. Jumbo Personalized Zoo Wooden Baby Blocks - set of 5 by tinygiraffeshop
19. Childs Hand painted Stool Hot Pink and Zebra Design by GrowinLikeAWeed
20. 0-6 Month Gentle Lion Hat by littlechickknits
21. Animals in the Jungle Crayon Art Tote by thecraftpatch
22. Elephant - ART BLOCK - Original Design by WalterSilva
23. Lion Hand Puppet by Loubugsboutique
24. Jungle Animals Marker Roll by thelittlechick
25. Minky baby quilt, lovey sized blanket LITTLE GIRAFFE, 14x20 inch with satin binding by yourloveyboutique
26. Kids Pillowcase Jungle Theme by fireflyblankets
27. Growing Like a Giraffe Onesie for Girls - Size 6-9 Months by SweeterThanSweets
28. Eco Friendly 3 Tier Pink Cheetah gDiaper Cake Baby Shower Gift by littleesSCENTials
29. Zoology -- Creativity Wallet -- Includes Crayons and Notepad by DucksInARowBoutique
30. Ribbon Blankie- Silly Monkey by mypoplin
31. Jungle Cub Booties Size 12 to 18 Months Ready to Ship by bisongirl
32. Monkey Ribbon Sculpture Clippie by dragonflybowtique
33. Going Bananas Monkey applique shirt by SewSeaminglySassy
34. Zebra Crib Shoes and Headband Set with Petite Hot Pink and Lime Ruffle Crochet Flower - Mary Jane Style - Newborn, 3 to 6 months, 6 to 12 months by mimisbabies
35. set/3 Jungle Safari Nail Covers (aka Drawer Knobs) by LittleElephantCo
36. Custom Dictionary Style Name Plaque by SweetEPieBabycakes
37. Zanzibar Jungle Canvas Growth Chart Made to Order by myartsybaby
38. Jungle Babies Animals Double Fleece Baby Toddler Crib Throw Blanket by Scrunchiesbysherry
39. Safari Headband by thebitsybeau
40. Sock Monkey Gift Set by ellyandoliver
41. Monkey See Monkey Do Hat Newborn-3 Months Photo Prop Super Soft by ohbabydotcom
42. Baby Set - Baby Bib, Burp Cloth and Onesie with Pink Elephants by zoegirldesigns
43. Waldorf Inspired Doll 16in (Ellie) by fabricblooms
44. Baby's First Soft Cotton Accordion Book - Black and White Graphic Jungle Wild African Animal by ABShoppe
45. Robert Kaufman burp cloth set....... by PRINCESSDESIGNS
46. Tiger Earings by Tchoupuce
47. PERSONALIZED Child Behavior Incentive Chart - Jungle (chasing monkey) by TagAlongAdventure
48. Fabric Organizer Basket Bin Reversible by ladesigns2
49. Personalized Denim Diaper Bag (made to order) - Monkey by TriedAndTrueDesigns
50. Jungle Mania 0-12 months Bib by tzburps
51. Boutique Baby Bib - Silly Safari - Small by TheVoodooKitten
52. PDF Pattern - Zebra Stuffie Made from Wool Felt and Embroidery by harvestmoonbyhand
53. WEST AFRICAN STYLE Toddler's Dress,Size 2 , Leopard Spots by PlumedeNikola
Posted Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Posted Monday, February 14, 2011
Each month EtsyKids Team members are challenged to create a unique item within a chosen theme. We are happy to announce our new challenge for February is "In the Jungle", picked by our last month's winner SweetpeaKidPrints! Monkeys, zebras, lizards, lions, etc.
EtsyKids members will have until February 19th to submit their entries, and voting will be open to everybody from Monday, February 21st to Sunday, February 27th. So, be sure to come back to the EtsyKids blog for a new post on the 21st to see all of the entries and VOTE! In the meantime, please click here to get a sneak peek at some exciting entries so far!
Posted Monday, February 07, 2011
|Etsykids Treasury Team|
Let's face it, taking great photos can make the difference for the items you sell. A beautiful photograph will grap a byers attention so much better than a not so great one. So our awesome Etsykids Treasury Team is hosting the Etsykids Photo Makeover Series on their blog. The first post of the series being "top 10 product photo mistakes to avoid."
Now, here is an awesome bonus:
"Any EtsyKids Team member can participate and win prizes (features) along the way...at the end whomever wins the "most improved overall" Grand Prize will have one of their shop items be our Weekly Treasury Challenge inspiration item and the possibility of dozens of features in treasuries, along with their shop url being featured on our blog in a permanent spot with the "winners" of the series!" - Loren EKTT Coordinator
This series will run on every last Monday of the month, so don't forget to check in with them here on the EtsyKids Treasury Team Blog!
Posted Sunday, February 06, 2011
We are suffering from a little snow bound, cabin fever at our house. You probably are, too. We were just about out of ideas to keep our four year old from climbing the walls. Then I discovered this amazing place in our town. It is filled with books and they let you borrow them for free! Wacky.
Reading is very important in our household, and our daughter’s book shelves runneth over. So I was very surprised at her excitement over the library books. I had forgotten that Preschooler Rule-"Someone Else’s Toys (and evidently books) Are Way More Interesting Than Your Own".
More important than the excitement were the two hours we spent cuddling on the couch, reading and re-reading the new books. We didn’t just read those books. We studied them. We counted all the dinosaur eggs on the back cover of “Tell Me A Dragon”. We decided what we would take to the sea shore with “Scaredy Squirrel Goes to the Beach”. We laughed so much at “Crabby Pants” that we weren’t cranky anymore either.
The library will be a regular stop on my Saturday errands run. But just in case, I’d still be interested to know if there’s an EtsyKids shop that sells a kid size hamster exercise wheel.
Check out these great shops on Etsy to keep your own kids from putting on those crabby pants.